BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted Japanese tackle shop in Japan. Now it is time to post Japanese food in Japan. :) Fishing in foreign countries is fun and eating exotic food in foreign countries is fun too.

First I was invited to a Japanese ShabuShabu restaurant on the first day in Japan.

First, sashimi was served as an appetizer.

We started with crab shabu shabu.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Loved the food in Japan. Presentation is always great.

Shabu shabu is great but I've always been partial to sukiyaki. I like the broth a bit more. Could eat either any time.

You have any takoyaki (octopus balls) from the street vendors yet? Pretty good.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Loved the food in Japan. Presentation is always great.

Shabu shabu is great but I've always been partial to sukiyaki. I like the broth a bit more. Could eat either any time.

You have any takoyaki (octopus balls) from the street vendors yet? Pretty good.
We went a fish market in Seoul, Korea. We asked to cut live octopus and they were still moving even though they were cut several hours when we arrived at a hotel.

--------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Was in Japan for over a year....one of the best experiences of my life...jumped on what i thought was a party boat....it was....it was an Octopus fishing boat!....the locals cut it up for us and brought along their own different sauces to dip it in....excellent stuff....also, the Noodle soups they serve at the train stations are out of this world!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Food looks amazing..... thanks kil, I need a mop to get the drool off my laptop :D

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
My favorite from the Pohchunmackha (sic) street cart vendors in Korea is the Duk Boh Kee and the fish water broth, I forget the name off the top of my head but its good stuff:D The best part of traveling sometimes is the food.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Sorry if I missed it but where in Japan is that?

They take such great care in food prep and presentation, in the decent places. A real pleasure to eat there.

My time's been spent in Tokyo and Hokkaido.

Thanks for posting.

J

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Kil,
You have me hungry again, that is very impressive on how they prepare and serve food there.

I found H-Mart near by in Upper Darby, :)I am getting more Pigs Feet like you gave me, tomorrow.

Captn Joe

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Kil,
You have me hungry again, that is very impressive on how they prepare and serve food there.

I found H-Mart near by in Upper Darby, :)I am getting more Pigs Feet like you gave me, tomorrow.

Captn Joe
That's how it looks on the boat :D

Kil can't possibly eat that much food and stay trim. Maybe fishing is the way to stay trim? A new business?

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
I loved Bulgogi when I was in Korea, they use way to much Garlic in most of their food for me. I've only spent a few days in Japan and can't remember the names of the food but it looks just like what Kil is showing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.