BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went up to cabelas two day and inside the bargain cave they had a 7ft. jarvis walker royale gold rod. Its 7ft and says it good for lures from 3/4 oz to 4oz. and 12 to 30 lb line. I wanted to start throwing plugs and was wondering if this is a good rod to do it with, and if so what kind of reel should I match it up with. They only wanted 25.00 for the rod so if its not any good for plugs ill use it for catfish. Also while i was there i sall those knew wave spinning reels, has anybody used them? I asked the guy working behind the counter about them and he said he hasnt had the chance to use one yet.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
its a little short for the surf. good for a boat or back bay sods though

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
The Royal Gold rods are great rods for the price. I keep them all in stock and have been using the 7' medium heavy for my basic charter rods for at least three seasons. They really don't go into surf rods in the Royal Gold series.

The Tsunami 5 star are great surf rods in the same price range.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I have used 3 now for Striper and Blues fishing off a boat. I tried to plug off the beach and jetty. Just too small for plugging. One thing about these rods is that the guides will rust out after a season. I've also had the guide eyelets pop out. At $25 I really don't care...just beat on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts