BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although I will still be buying a bushido blank I wanted something to experiment with so I just ordered a Jaws Blank (model # JI7604) seems to be a decent blank for the price I am gonna build it conventional for a backup rod. Does anyone have experience with this blank? If so any pros or cons. I pulled on one and dead lifted 50 lbs with it so it seems that it will hold up to our Tuna here in nj just looking for opinions and if anyone has used one yet.

These are the specs on it
model # Line class lure weight Tip size Butt Diam. Weight
JI7604
30-60lb.
350-500g
.695"
8oz

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im building a couple of mudholes gorrilla series. And so far i like them. There not too expensive too.
Sweet let me know how they make out. My son wants to get more involved jigging but I do not want to break the bank.....I will let you know when I am done with the jaws blanks I will upload some pics

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Sweet let me know how they make out. My son wants to get more involved jigging but I do not want to break the bank.....I will let you know when I am done with the jaws blanks I will upload some pics
Jaws makes a very nice blank.. I know the owner personally and he is very involved in his products. We build a good amount of rods on his blanks and everyone was impressed when they used them. Good Luck.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Although I will still be buying a bushido blank I wanted something to experiment with so I just ordered a Jaws Blank (model # JI7604) seems to be a decent blank for the price I am gonna build it conventional for a backup rod. Does anyone have experience with this blank? If so any pros or cons. I pulled on one and dead lifted 50 lbs with it so it seems that it will hold up to our Tuna here in nj just looking for opinions and if anyone has used one yet.

These are the specs on it
model # Line class lure weight Tip size Butt Diam. Weight
JI7604
30-60lb.
350-500g
.695"
8oz
What did you pay for the Jaws?
And...can you get me a pic of you deadlifting 50# .
I really want to see that.

we looked at the jaws a few years ago. they are nice.
these are just so MANY blanks out, and new ones coming.
i havent had time to try them.

if you are looking for decent priced jigging blanks to try, give me a call.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What did you pay for the Jaws?
And...can you get me a pic of you deadlifting 50# .
I really want to see that.

we looked at the jaws a few years ago. they are nice.
these are just so MANY blanks out, and new ones coming.
i havent had time to try them.

if you are looking for decent priced jigging blanks to try, give me a call.

Paul I picked it up for 90 bucks. I will get a pic once the blank arrives the dead lift was done while playing with the blank at the shop. I know there is a pic on the internet somewhere with someone deadliftting 60 lbs with the same blank. I will see if I can find it and post that until i get the blank in hand then i will post a pic of me doing the deadlift with it

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i saw that pic before..
im sorry, i thought you said you deadlifted lifted 50# with it.
would still like to see you deadlift 50# when you are done with it.
i always like these pics.
Once I get it wrapped I will see what I can get pic wise of the deadlift I will have to stand on my truck or something to be able to get it in the air as The action of the rod will dictate how high with out high sticking the rod but will get a pic up of some dead lift

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.