BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck up here at work sondering how the boats tied the pilings are doing. How many inches of rain did we get down there? Any surge?

Thanks.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Jack,
Very little impact from the Storm at all
down here at the Shore...
I would guess that the entire coastline of
Southern New Jersey got less then 1" of Rain
and the winds were not all that bad either..

Right Now In SIC we have some gusty winds
out of the North between 13-22mph it was
a little stronger overnight,but nothing
major...

Things Should Be Fine........

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
We got a ton up here. It started at 9 a.m. yesterday and continued all night. Bucket outside had at least 5-6 inches in it.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
leedz we got alot in mercer county as well - got to take the jeep thru some 2 foot overflows this am - I think I pissed a couple of people of by sending a huge wake at their little import cars :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
We got hammered in Wyndmoor. Right on the Chestnut Hill/Montco border in PA. 10"+.

JEEEZUS!!

They closed Lincoln Drive, Kelly Drive, parts of the Schuykill (3 feet of mud on the Schuykill this a.m.), the Vine St. Expressway, and damn near anything near any creek.

You should see how f-ed up this area is. When I drove home yesterday on City Ave, I was driving downstream through a 12" deep river in the middle of the street, with little class 2 rapids all over.

Crazy.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by surf cowboy:

When I drove home yesterday on City Ave, I was driving downstream through a 12" deep river in the middle of the street, with little class 2 rapids all over.

Crazy.
Cowboy, You Should Have Been Trolling Some
RattleTraps or Something with Conditions
Like That.. :D

Kidding Aside, I Hope My Brother Fishermen
to the North and West are OK.......
It was nasty around those area's yesterday....

Let's Hope Thats It, And Things Settle Down
From Here on Out...

·
Registered
385 Posts
so the shore is fishable? I was gonna take my girlfriend out tomorrow for some freshwater bass in the Trenton area, but everything freshwater is really messed up in this area. Do you recommend LBI or Seaside area?

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Cape May, according to the news last night, got 0.31" of rain yesterday. I found this hilarious, because they were calling for 3" plus down here, and 1" to 3" in Philadelphia and the surrounding area. Even yesterday, when it was perfectly evident that the majority of the precipitation was heading off to the west, they continued to say that we were getting 3" plus down here! Stop paying attention to the "computer models" and use some good old fashion common sense!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by RedAtNight...:
Do you recommend LBI or Seaside area?
RedAtNight,
Either/Or,, Both area's are giving up Bass.....

Good Luck,..

·
Registered
107 Posts
My office is in a hangar on the New Castle County Airport in DE. Tornado touched down 300 yards from me in the middle of the runway. Made a pile out of some C130's at the nation gaurd installation spilling about 15,000 gals of fuel, flipped some small airplanes, went across a road and demolished my storage building.

I had a front row seat. WOW!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I saw that destruction on the news, that's horrible.

The SB of the Raritan is roaring, so I guess it's the reservoir for me tonight.

B-I remember as kids in Florida people used to think it was pretty funny to douse us as we walked along the side of the road. Now that we are somewhat adult and have 4x4's, payback is a real *****.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Nothing more than a summer storm in Sea Isle-Strathmere area.
Less than 1" of rain and winds never got over 30mph
Checked water around docks twice today and it was pretty clean so hopefully the fish will bite in morning BUT little worried about all the fresh water headed this way .
Very little beach erosion from what I observed.
Hopefully this will get the bass moving

·
Registered
22,254 Posts
I went to the Bree zee lee to check on the boat,yesterday. Everything was fine along the dock, however, there was a lot more water then I've ever seen. It's the first time I have been able to see over the pileings while standing on the dock. Took a ride to look at the jetty at the canal and could barely see the tops.

[ 09-30-2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: fran ]

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Willie:

Don't know where you were on the beach, but the last three high tides have come up to the dunes. We have lost a great amount of sand due to erosion. Tried to drive the beach from 85th St. to the Inlet, and could not get passed 89th St. Tried again at low tide, and there is a three foot dropoff at 90th St., that makes a interesting adventure to try to get past it.

Fished the Inlet over the weekend with no problems, other then a fast tide, and weed. Have not been able to get back since Monday. There is Mullet in the back by the Condo, but you have to park in the public lot, and walk down. Worth the effort though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts