BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a 2007 or later jeep cherokee with the hitch in the front? just got an 07 and need the female hitch put on, wanted to know if there are any problems putting it on the frames. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Which Cherokee model? The Jeep Cherokee itself was discontinued after 2001, i believe. Since there are so many other models, perhaps you should specify the model you have.

By the way, i have a 1997 grand cherokee limited which is dedicated to the beach; front end receiver hitch-- very easy and inexpensive installation.

My daily drive is a 2008 Gr Cherokee Limited ( i suspect u have a Grand Cherokee??)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have an 07 laredo, my old truck was an explorer, very easy install for that one. i have the rod/cooler holder that has the two inch male end for the female reciever. im hoping i dont need a new rod holder. i seen a cherokee with one but it looked like it was mounted right to the front of the truck. hoping i dont have to do that.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
id say so, as you said they stopped making regular xj's in 2001. a lot of people call the grands plain old cherokee. insulting if you ask me :D:D
Ha ha..ok!:D... i'm just waitin for the '97 to crap out cuz the 2008 is my next buggy!:D

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i have an 07 laredo, my old truck was an explorer, very easy install for that one. i have the rod/cooler holder that has the two inch male end for the female reciever. im hoping i dont need a new rod holder. i seen a cherokee with one but it looked like it was mounted right to the front of the truck. hoping i dont have to do that.
look up hitchesonline and search for your model and instructions.. i looked it up.. u got some work to do!! :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
homer, looking at ur truck , i have the same style rod/cooler holder you do. it comes out and curves up. i met u once or twice in brig, i had dave in brig put my first one on, im just hoping all i need is a new mount. i went through hell trying to get the rod/cooler holder the first time, dont wanna go through that again

·
Registered
118 Posts
cooler rack

Hey there. I have a 93 Cherokee with a cooler rack on the front of it. I didnt want to buy the hitch for the front so my buddy and me went to home depot and used a 2" wide and 36"lonh to mount in the frame with 2 bolts on each pipe. I then cut out a little of the bumper where the pipe is to fit in. On the rack mount a thinner pipe to slide into the one on the jeep. I then drilled a hole in each pipe to put a pin on one pipe and a lock on the othe, so it doesnt slide out. So the lock doesnt get jammed with sand use a little bit of electrical tape to seal where the key goes. It didnt take too long to do and works great!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
homer, looking at ur truck , i have the same style rod/cooler holder you do. it comes out and curves up. i met u once or twice in brig, i had dave in brig put my first one on, im just hoping all i need is a new mount. i went through hell trying to get the rod/cooler holder the first time, dont wanna go through that again
yah i though ur name was familiar!!:wave:
Dave;s done some work for me too... good gang over there!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts