BASS BARN banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was the name of the vendor, MM Tackle?

I remember seeing a lot of japanese jigging lures along with poppers in their booth (along with the vendors themselves being Japanese or Korean I believe). Does anyone have their number or address by any chance? Would be nice to stop in and check out their store since it's so close....

Thanks

B-

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
JerseyBrian said:
Was the name of the vendor, MM Tackle?

I remember seeing a lot of japanese jigging lures along with poppers in their booth (along with the vendors themselves being Japanese or Korean I believe). Does anyone have their number or address by any chance? Would be nice to stop in and check out their store since it's so close....

Thanks

B-
That was me and kil at my booth:D :D ..i did see that but i am not sure who they were

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
yeah that is it....Hey Brian..i see you getting good advise over in OTI land;) ..give me a call tommorrow i may have a good spinner deal:D. and i have that super light GUSA from the show for SALE, great price perfect for your 665 accurate

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cityfisherman said:
i know the shop its called true world tackle now they are in bayonne now look in the new fisherman u will find them
That's it! Thank you! I'm thinking of stopping by after I leave Harry's on saturday....
paul708 said:
yeah that is it....Hey Brian..i see you getting good advise over in OTI land;) ..give me a call tommorrow i may have a good spinner deal:D. and i have that super light GUSA from the show for SALE, great price perfect for your 665 accurate
Hi Paul :D I've joined 3 other forums in the past 4 days to keep up with you popping and jigging guys! I was up 'til 2AM just reading in the dark last night... it's actually pretty exciting just reading through years of posts from you and Kil!!! I will give you a call tomorrow after 6PM then! Is it one of those shorter japanese rods? :D

Oh god! That Wahoo JR was nice! I don't have enough cash to get everything all at once though :p I'll have to save up again!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! I've actually had good luck with Harlee Rod through ebay. I picked up a 3 piece Tsunami Heavy casting rod for $37 shipped as well as several lures and terminal tackle for reasonable prices (or the fact that I couldn't find them anywhere else) :)

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
3 percnt tax in jerky city

blite so we get a break, couple that and the fact nobody with money walks into the store and bingo, low prices ,,,,,,,check out his costum wooden lures and poppers

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
JerseyBrian said:
Hi Paul :D I've joined 3 other forums in the past 4 days to keep up with you popping and jigging guys! I was up 'til 2AM just reading in the dark last night... it's actually pretty exciting just reading through years of posts from you and Kil!!! I will give you a call tomorrow after 6PM then! Is it one of those shorter japanese rods? :D

Oh god! That Wahoo JR was nice! I don't have enough cash to get everything all at once though :p I'll have to save up again!
there alot of good reading:D you should stop around when we do "demo" days. wait till the weather gets nicer;) . maybe we can work something out with the RED ROD:eek: :D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
paul708 said:
there alot of good reading:D you should stop around when we do "demo" days. wait till the weather gets nicer;) . maybe we can work something out with the RED ROD:eek: :D
oooh, I like the sound of that :D What is it rated for? 400g? I'm very excited to stop by on sunday now! Do you usually post when you're having demo days?

toghog2005 said:
blite so we get a break, couple that and the fact nobody with money walks into the store and bingo, low prices ,,,,,,,check out his costum wooden lures and poppers
so I should bargain for everything you're saying? I tried bargaining with them at the saltwater expo, but they weren't having it :p

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think they go by the name M&M tackle, their at the end of Marin Blvd by the light rail station.

And if ya hit the shop right, someone may be there asking if you'd like to get married in a mass ceremony as its a moonie outfit. Perfect chance if you happen to have your palm pilot with all your friends adresses and phone numbers on you:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
No longer in Jersey City on Marin Blvd

Now in Bayone on Broadway. Same great shop.

They are Moonies, but they have a great selection.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
We have freedom of religion. it is not nice to joke about religion. :(
Most guys working at the shop are Japanese, and they all are very nice and honest.
As they have connection with in Japan, there are many items at the store which you can not find at any other stores.
At the Somerset show, I bought several Shibuki and limted edition Yozuri's GT poppers which are excellent for tuna popping.
They also carry some color coded Japanese PE lines which I believe are a must for tuna jigging.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KSONG said:
Most guys working at the shop are Japanese, and they all are very nice and honest.
As they have connection with in Japan, there are many items at the store which you can not find any other stores.
At the Somerset show, I bought several Shibuki and limted edition Yozuri's GT poppers which are excellent for tuna popping.
They also carry some color coded Japanese PE lines which I believe are a must for tuna jigging.
That's what I figured :) I didn't have lots of cash left at the Somerset show to spend on that store (they were selling 80lb Yozrui fluorocarbon leader for $14!), but I saw a LOT of japanese writing on the jigs and plugs they had AND I knew they were close so I figured I would stop by at some point this season...I'll probably pick up PE line from Paul since I'm a FEET (not meters) kind of guy

Kil, I am certainly not judging them for their religious beliefs. I'm a korean methodist Christian and I actually had to google the word "Moonie" to find out what the hell it meant! :confused:

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
hey "k"

KSONG said:
As they have connection with in Japan, there are many items at the store which you can not find at any other stores.
ther are some narrow minded people who post on this sight . they keep the blinders on

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
KSONG said:
Hey man, no offense meant...I just chuckle everytime I think about it as it was a funny joke to play on a few friends.

It is a great shop any they have stuff you'll see nowhere else.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
makorider said:
Hey man, no offense meant...I just chuckle everytime I think about it as it was a funny joke to play on a few friends.

It is a great shop any they have stuff you'll see nowhere else.
I know you are joking, but I believe some church members are our bassbarn members and they could see our post. Not a big deal. I just worried. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts