BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all ways been envious of the Jersey guys having those first days of early spring striper fishing. Just killing a winter day:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
380 Posts
My son and I caught and released 22 stripers last Mar 31st. in under 3 hours. All over 30". kept 4 for the freezer. I was going to get bonus tags but thought it would put the skunk on me. I'm gettin the tags this year.

Up in Cape Cod you have alot of great fishing but it's too cold for me. I told myself I'm not moving any further north that this.:wave:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My son and I caught and released 22 stripers last Mar 31st. in under 3 hours. All over 30". kept 4 for the freezer. I was going to get bonus tags but thought it would put the skunk on me. I'm gettin the tags this year.

Up in Cape Cod you have alot of great fishing but it's too cold for me. I told myself I'm not moving any further north that this.:wave:
we do have our share of cold days:mad:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Well, I was up in CC last June with a few old timers who have fished all over the country. They still talk about how it was the best fishing they've ever experienced. We had acres of Stripers as far as you can see swimming under the boat like torpedoes! The last day we were there, we decided to fish the morning before we left for home. Had a 4 man limit in under 2 hours and were catching and releasing bass over 38". We did excellent on the cod too, but I think we were a little early for the BFT. Cant wait to get back up and do it again!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
We are good for at least a couple trips up to the cape or RI a year to chase stripers or tuna... never run into anybody up there that drives 6 hours to fish Jersey!

The grass ain't greener and the wine ain't sweeter on either side of the fence :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cape Cod Vs NJ

I do them both, fish the spring run around Sandy Hook and then trailer up to Chatham on the cape for July and August.

Jersey spring run= Bunker & topwater
Summer on the Cape= Jigging

Two different worlds, lots of fun.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do them both, fish the spring run around Sandy Hook and then trailer up to Chatham on the cape for July and August.

Jersey spring run= Bunker & topwater
Summer on the Cape= Jigging

Two different worlds, lots of fun.
do ya jig for tuna or bass and tuna??

and sounds like the best of both worlds:bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Fishhead777 - we are planning a family trip up your way this summer. What months would you say are the best fishing from shore? Is it strickly a plugging event or do some guys soak bait.

·
Registered
185 Posts
waaaay down south (cape may) the spring bite from the beach has been stellar. The bite is mainly on bait however. I would love a shot at big bass on plugs like you get theeehh in those paaahhts.....

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Fishhead777 - we are planning a family trip up your way this summer. What months would you say are the best fishing from shore? Is it strickly a plugging event or do some guys soak bait.
Joe D sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The beach fishing sucked last year, my advise. Bring a KAYAK and launch at Herring cove P town you wont have to go far to find bass and blues, stay away from the fishing fleet, tuna and whales. Just my two cents.

If you are limited to shore fishing during the dog days of summer your best bet is Bass river, Cape Cod Canal, Herring Cove Beach all 3 at dusk and dawn.

Best beach month June, October

1 - 20 of 33 Posts