BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys Im Heading Down To Boca Roton April 2nd The The 8th, We Usually Hit Bahamas For Some Hoos, But This Year We Want To Do Some Jig Fishing Off Boca, And Ones Have Any Information Here That Would Be Helpful. We Will Be On A 33 Cc Dusky. Thanks For Any Help..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Out the Boca/Deerfield inlet out about 2.0 miles straight out off the Deerfield pier is a reef where you can nail tons of yellowtail and even some nice size grouper. If you keep heading north until you hit the Highland Beach area there is another nice size reef about a mile or so offshore, I beleive in about 80-85 ft of water.

Deadly dicks and yellow bucktails are the way to go out there, for the snapper bring plenty of squid strips and some ballyhoo strips as well. Sorry I cant be more descriptive as when we fish down there on my buddies boat we just head around those areas and watch the depthfinder. Tight lines.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Don't bother trying for Golden Tilefish out of Boca unless you are prepared to run all the way down to 15nm SE off Hillsboro Inlet.

I fished Boca really hard for an entire weekend last May. We were in a half-assed fishing tournament and decided to bet the whole wad on catching a big Golden Tilefish. We looked for mud bottom starting at 500 foot and went out deeper in 25 foot depth increments. We finally stopped at 1200 feet and gave up. We never found any mud bottom. It was all hard sandy bottom.

Catch

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you,
yea we figured we would hit some reefs, but i would think the aj are more around the wreeks, well it would atleast be more of a congragation of fish in one smaller area. is there any wreeks around the area? i am sure there are some with in 10 miles.. we are going to try to butterfly jig some fish..

28Stratos said:
Out the Boca/Deerfield inlet out about 2.0 miles straight out off the Deerfield pier is a reef where you can nail tons of yellowtail and even some nice size grouper. If you keep heading north until you hit the Highland Beach area there is another nice size reef about a mile or so offshore, I beleive in about 80-85 ft of water.

Deadly dicks and yellow bucktails are the way to go out there, for the snapper bring plenty of squid strips and some ballyhoo strips as well. Sorry I cant be more descriptive as when we fish down there on my buddies boat we just head around those areas and watch the depthfinder. Tight lines.

·
Registered
993 Posts
looks for shelfs or minor dropoffs, it doesnt seem to be necessary to be a wreck. Pay close attention to the bottom and you can usually read some AJ'S down there and upwards of half the water column.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts