BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally want to thank Kil Song for taking the time to meet with me today. The service both he and Jane provided was unbelievable and the goodies on hand are quite impressive. Its a good thing he is an hour and half away otherwise I would never leave. :D It was truly a pleasure doing business with you Kil and your service is unmatched. I look forward to getting to your place again. Get the bed ready because I maybe there for a couple of days playing with stuff. Thanks again Kil.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Thanks Bluefin Crazy for your kind words.
To open a specialty shop for jigging and popping as a retirement plan was the best decision I made.
Many fishermen advised me I wouldn't enjoy fishing anymore if I opened a tackle shop. But I am enjoying fishing as usual. :)
I love fishing and I love talking about fishing with other fishermen.
I don't know I can make lots of money, but that is not my primary concern because I am enjoying to find better products testing myself and introduce them to other fishermen.
I am blessed to have Jane and Esther working with me. they are in charge of operating the shop and my job is to develop new products and support technical aspects. So I have to continue to go fishing to do my job.:)

--------------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
To open a specialty shop for jigging and popping as a retirement plan was the best decision I made.
Many fishermen advised me I wouldn't enjoy fishing anymore if I opened a tackle shop. But I am enjoying fishing as usual. :)
I don't know I can make lots of money, but that is not my primary concern because I am enjoying to find better products testing myself and introduce them to other fishermen.

--------------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
That is what is most important!! Keep fishing and it will never feel like work!! :thumbsup:

Fishing tackle retail is not a business to get into for the money!!!

I envy the amount of time you enjoy on the water Kil.
One day, we will get on a trip together and give the forums something else to talk about! :)

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
we are fishing friends in the end.

I joined a Bash of one fishing site in NY where I am a moderator last night and had a great time.
I met many fishermen and fished with them for years after joining the site as well as thebassbarn. We share our experience and knowledge with other fishermen and talk about fishing. We sometimes have heated arguments because of different opinions. But when we meet each other in person, everybody smiles and treat each other like old friends.
We are fishing friends in the end even we have different opinions and we sometime are involved in heated discussions.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Bluefin Crazy for your kind words.
I am blessed to have Jane and Esther working with me. they are in charge of operating the shop and my job is to develop new products and support technical aspects. So I have to continue to go fishing to do my job.:)

--------------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.comhttp://www.jignpopforum.com
I was absolutely amazed with Jane's knowledge of the products. I am in a lot of tackle shops and most of the employees can't even tell you the price of a product. I was laughing when Mike was looking at the rods and Jane was rattling off the cost, materials, action, what they are used for, info about the manufaturer, etc. You better watch out Kil she may soon know more than you.:D

It was also great having a beer together and just talking about experiences of past trips and fishig in general. I truly had a great time and the next time the beers are on me. I will definetly take you up and join you on a fishing adventure in the near future. Possibly a bottom trip as I'm new to it and really beginning to enjoy it. Also it is great to learn something new.

I am very positive you will be very successful with taking on the distributor role and I'm sure a few pennies will role your way along the line. :D I have a feeling you will surpass the gentlemen in Russia you were speaking about. If that happens I retract my offer of the beers being on me.;)

Good luck with everything Kil and I'm sure we will talk in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts