BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am having paul from JPR build me two jigging master rods and i would just like to hear what others think, specifically people who may have these rods.

I have two accurate 270 reels that i want to match with jigging master rods...preferably the 250 and the 300. I will be fishing 15 lbs. at strike and around 20lb at full. These rods are going to be used for school tuna with nothing hopefully getting over 30-60 lbs, maybe the occasional 80lb. fish. I already have a set of 870's on heavier rods and i want something very sporty so i am trying to stay away from the 400 or 500 jigging master. Any suggestions or input would be much appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have one I got from Paul last year. I put a 16vsx on it and its amazing the king of pressure you can put on a fish. I would highly recommend them. I am thinking about getting another one.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
The action of 250 - 300 g Jigging Master rod is similar to heaviest model XXH of Trevala rod which is rated to 270 g.
Where can you select 30 - 60 lbs tuna ? :)
I suggest to use 400g JM rod for average tuna and 500g JM when bigger tuna are frequent.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KSONG said:
The action of 250 - 300 g Jigging Master rod is similar to heaviest model XXH of Trevala rod which is rated to 270 g.
Where can you select 30 - 60 lbs tuna ? :)
I suggest to use 400g JM rod for average tuna and 500g JM when bigger tuna are frequent.
when you say the 250-300 is similar to the trevala, does that mean these rods could possibly have line dig into the foregrip like the trevala and not have enough lifting power? if you wouldn't mind, perhaps some more info.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
B.C. said:
I have one I got from Paul last year. I put a 16vsx on it and its amazing the king of pressure you can put on a fish. I would highly recommend them. I am thinking about getting another one.
BC,

which rated rod do you have?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't have it home with me. I'm sure Paul could tell you. At lbs of drag I didn't have any problem with the line hitting the grip.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
JWMESQ said:
so i am having paul from JPR build me two jigging master rods and i would just like to hear what others think, specifically people who may have these rods.

I have two accurate 270 reels that i want to match with jigging master rods...preferably the 250 and the 300. I will be fishing 15 lbs. at strike and around 20lb at full. These rods are going to be used for school tuna with nothing hopefully getting over 30-60 lbs, maybe the occasional 80lb. fish. I already have a set of 870's on heavier rods and i want something very sporty so i am trying to stay away from the 400 or 500 jigging master. Any suggestions or input would be much appreciated. thanks
hey john you phrased this a little different in the other post, you may get a different responce.
for the sporty 30-60# fish, the 300 is fine
the 250 would be fun with its fast recovery
i am curious what the guys will say
BUT,.some places. there are not many HARDCORE JIGGING guys
OR.(better put).guys that use HARDCORE Jigs stuff
you were lucky enough to be at somerset show and stop here to see and feel the jigging stuff
i will also get with you about the reelseat soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts