BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I couldn't resist.
I finally booked The Viking Fivestar for 57 hours trip fluke/cod trip to Cultivators Shoal from July 27 to July 30.
The dates are originally for open trip, but they give us the dates for us. Those dates are the prime dates for fluke.

Here is the trip's schedule and info

Depart: Sunday July 27 at 6:00 PM
Return: Wednesday July 30 at 3:00 am

The trip is limited to 11 fishermen and the rate is $960 per person which includes all meals, soft drinks, ices and fish cleaning except tip.
JIGNPOP/Black Hole USA donates Black Hole Shot Gun for the pool winner of fluke and Black Hole Magic Eye 804 conventional for the pool winner of cod.

The first deposit of $400 should be sent out by April 15 and the remaining balance of $560 is due by May 31. We take credit card for deposit, but 3 percent service charge will be added.

Here is mailing address:

JIGNPOP
560 Sylvan Ave.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

List:

1.Kilsong's group
2.Kilsong's group
3.Kilsong's group
4.Kilsong's group
5.bates
6.Park
7.park plus 1
8.Max

--------------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didn't know Dave has a charter to Cultivator Shoals with big Viking boat.
I highly recommend to fish on Dave charter as Dave has been chartering the Viking boat for long and the price is very good.
My charter is somewhat different. It is pricey because it is limited to 11 fishermen and the price is all inclusive except tip. When I fished on the Maximus, they charged $1200 for 10 fishermen for 2 1/2 days trip.
So, $960 per person is not bad at all considering traveling 160 miles.

-----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is great Dave have a charter to Cultivator Shoal on the same dates as two boats can work together.
I don't see any problem to find fluke at Cultivator Shoal, but it need time to find cod sometimes and two boats can help each other. The Five Star is run by Steve Jr and the big Viking is run by his father.

They steam to Cultivator Shoal, fish all day for fluke and run to cod ground inshore at night and fish cod on the next day. I don't recommend to bring big coolers to the boat on this trip as they clean all your catches and store them.

-----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4 spots are left. I don't think it takes long to fill all spots.
This is not the trip to fill all your coolers. We fish with more privacy and comfort to enjoy fishing.
I am going to use this trip to test new Black Hole inshore rods.
If I like to fish on the Viking Five Star, I plan to charter more in the future.

---------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the charter info from their website.
The Viking Five Star is not normal charter boat we see here. It is very similar to long range boats out of San Diego with full services.

Long Range Trips

24 Hour Midnight to Midnight:
-Perfect for a Tile Express or 1 Day Tuna Troll-
$4,800 up to 12 passengers maximum

36 Hour 1 Day Extended:
-Perfect for Hydro Tile Express or Tuna Troll/Chunk-
$7,200 up to 12 passengers maximum

2 Day (48 Hour):
-Perfect for Tile, Tuna or Sword-
$9,600 up to 12 passengers maximum

2 Day Extended (60 Hour):
$12,000 up to 12 passengers maximum

3 Day (72 Hour):
$14,400 up to 12 passengers maximum

4 Day (96 Hour):
$19,500 up to 12 passengers maximum

---------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi Kil, If I didn't have the Starship booked (Since Dec) I would jump on your trip. We have spoke about Cultivators a few times before :)
This will be 4 years in a row for me.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Kil, If I didn't have the Starship booked (Since Dec) I would jump on your trip. We have spoke about Cultivators a few times before :)
This will be 4 years in a row for me.
Me too, If I didn't have the Five Star charter, I would jump on your charter. :)
I don't see both of us have any problem to fill all spots and it is good for both boats to work together.
If our trip is successful this year, I'd like to do it again next year. We can work together to have the same dates next year too.

-----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 20 of 31 Posts