BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a few more of the JM 3 Kings in stock.
a few of the blanks

we will be here tommorrow to play with all the good stuff.
Black magic
3 kings
Phenix
BUSHIDO

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Hey Paul thanks for taking the time to help me decide on a blank yesterday....

Guys I spent over an hour picking Paul's brain for the best blank for my application. I fondled, bend, compared and considered the BH,BH Bushido and JM 3 Kings. The action and weight I was after was best shown in the Phenix Titan MH 5'6" and that's what I went home with, but they are all nice blanks.

I felt the XH is too much (66 lbs of drag rating) but the MH is rated to 52 lbs - more than enough for me. Of the blanks the Titan is the thinest, lightest and straightest IMO.

Now for the build, I am going to cut an inch or two off the bottom to make the length equal to the VH Mogi Exploder XXS and I am going after that same Japanese look, very simple but bold colors.

Likely will do Purple and Gold, FUJI guides and Paul offered to help me cut the groves into the foregrip to make it look like the VH.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Very nice. I met up with him last week and we conversed for a while about what i wanted to build. We also figured out that we know some of the same people. Paul is very professional and i will be using him before i go the dotcom way for building supplies.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys it was great having you here.
its always a adventure:D you never know what you will see.

The # kings are the choice of some.
they are not on my site,

but for guys looking for GREAT PRICES ....GIVE A CALL;):D

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Paul thanks for taking the time to help me decide on a blank yesterday....

Guys I spent over an hour picking Paul's brain for the best blank for my application. I fondled, bend, compared and considered the BH,BH Bushido and JM 3 Kings. The action and weight I was after was best shown in the Phenix Titan MH 5'6" and that's what I went home with, but they are all nice blanks.

I felt the XH is too much (66 lbs of drag rating) but the MH is rated to 52 lbs - more than enough for me. Of the blanks the Titan is the thinest, lightest and straightest IMO.

Now for the build, I am going to cut an inch or two off the bottom to make the length equal to the VH Mogi Exploder XXS and I am going after that same Japanese look, very simple but bold colors.

Likely will do Purple and Gold, FUJI guides and Paul offered to help me cut the groves into the foregrip to make it look like the VH.
Great choice, just let me know when you want to do the grip.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks
hope to gettem friday.

will put rod and fish pics up:D:D

these arent on the site,
but just call for GREAT PRICES

·
Registered
8,254 Posts