BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worth rebuilding? The tilt motor is shot and the hydrolics seem to be leaking too. '94 motor w/220hrs runs great but thinking it may be cheaper to sell it and buy a newer motor, or find a similar motor for donor parts.

The manual tilt screw is in a place where I can't reach and the pivot bolt is pretty frozen in place, so I might damage some things getting it apart ;) as it is stuck down.

Options?

· Registered
4,021 Posts
I had a hell of a time getting the old tilt assist piston out when I converted mine to PT&T. Luckily, the tilt assist was shot and I had the donor motor from where I got the trim pump for other parts. I destroyed both halves of the transom assembly and had to cut off the pivot pin. It took my dad and I at least 4 hours with a bunch of beers, a sawzall, a torch and sledgehammer to get the old one out. Good luck :D Email me when you get a chance please...
[email protected]

· Registered
11,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a hell of a time getting the old tilt assist piston out when I converted mine to PT&T. Luckily, the tilt assist was shot and I had the donor motor from where I got the trim pump for other parts. I destroyed both halves of the transom assembly and had to cut off the pivot pin. It took my dad and I at least 4 hours with a bunch of beers, a sawzall, a torch and sledgehammer to get the old one out. Good luck :D Email me when you get a chance please...
[email protected]
That is what I was afraid of if I can't find a cheap donor first. Before putting it in the water I tried to free the damn pin with a 4lb hammer and heat with no luck. If i don't destroy it i can get $600 as-is, then buy a newer motor. If I destroy the transom mount I am SOOL. Email on it's way, whats up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.