BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info on these boats.There is a dealer in Barnegat that has them and I fell in love with this 23 foot CC Light Tackle version with a 225hp yami 4 stroke.It has trim tabs, a really large live well,and a good amount of fishing room.The only thing I would have to add to the boat is a T top and a two battery set up with a battery switch.Any thoughts on the boat and the motor would be great.I have a friend of mine that said the four strokes are junk and the the evinrude etec is the way to go.I have heard a lot of good things about the four strokes.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Ive heard nothing but great things about them...From what ive heard they dont ride as hard as a Parker, but does roll a little more side to side...little less beam there...take her for a spin! As far as 4 strokes being junk???? 4 stroke is all I'll consider when im ready to buy...Rock solid, less maintence, less fuel/oil cost, quieter, no brainer IMO...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I owned a different Jones Brothers boat (bateau) and the boats are well made. This is a family-run company who cares about the products. I think you will enjoy the boat for a long, long time.

·
Banned
455 Posts
I am quite familiar with Jones Bros. I have sold several. I currently have a 2004 JBM Lite Tackle 23' w/225 Yam F/S. The boat is loaded and includes- T-top,trim tabs and great electronics. You can see her on Our web-site. Send me an e-mail.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This will be my 2nd season with a JB 2000 Cape Fisherman LTE w/ 150 Yamaha 4stk. and I absolutely love it. It runs shallow for the back and handles well in the ocean. I had it out at the ridge last year for some small bluefins and had a ball. A friend of mine turned me onto them and after a little research, I found a husband and wife guide team out of Oregon Inlet. They run a 1910 and a 2300 called Flat Out and Fly Girl. I figured if the boat can handle that inlet, Townsends will be a cake walk. As far as the engine goes, I love so far. Of course it only has about 70 hours on it so I wouldn't expect anything to go wrong yet.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome thanks for the reply's

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Candy man the dealer had a tag price of 36,000$ and I am not sure of the wieght.

·
Registered
105 Posts
wentfishn47, if you are looking to buy a JBM 23, the boat at F & S is truely mint. She is loaded. I fish with the owner all year and we slayed the drum and stripers with 5 guys and 2 coolers on board. 1 was 196qt and 1 was a 96qt icy'tech. All that gear and plenty of room thanks to the flush foredeck. you can actually fish the bow with out feeling like your going to fall out of the boat. He has the leaning post livewell and another well in the console. T-top spreader lights, rocket launchers, 5 rod holders on each side in the gunnels. He put on a Furuno 1650DF, Icom and a Stereo CD. He decided to move up to a 25' Seacraft with twins to run offshore. I know he still has two years of warranty on the motor. We are going to put it in the water this coming week. Time to start fishing while his new boat is being built.

·
Registered
600 Posts
we have a JB 22 Bauteau with a 150 4 stroke yam. we use it for work and the boat is built very strong,i would imagine the other models are just as strong.i would get nothing other than a four stroke,they are not a waste of money,they are quite,they use alot less gas, ours averages about 18 hour per 40 gallon tank,depending on the work load, we got ours from sheers boat basin

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
I fished once on Billy Hoblitzell's Jones Brother. Its smaller than the 23' (cant rember size)

Very nice boat - excellent for fly fishing or if your casting light tackle. I was impressed with the quality of the boat.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is who I might buy it from.I know a lot of people that have 4 strokes and they are very happy with there's.I have been out in boats with the four strokes and I love the way the run quite smooth and fast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts