BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going from a 43lb, should be a lot better

I Cant wait for spring:)

Saving now for new electronics, more combos, side work money is flowing in nice. The Tracker is gonna be hooked up. I' AM PUMPED HA HA:D

·
Registered
469 Posts
I put that same exact motor on my boat couple years ago and so far so good. You"ll find out pretty quick the jump that 24 volt will have, don't get wet!!:D

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
24 volt will make a big difference for ya. Do yourself a favor, make sure you use a heavy enough gage wire to get from your batteries to the unit. No sense in having the snot if it can't get to the motor. The further the motor is from the batteries, the heavier the wire should be. Use regular battery terminal clamps, avoid the jumper cable type. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
822 Posts
24 volt will make a big difference for ya. Do yourself a favor, make sure you use a heavy enough gage wire to get from your batteries to the unit. No sense in having the snot if it can't get to the motor. The further the motor is from the batteries, the heavier the wire should be. Use regular battery terminal clamps, avoid the jumper cable type. :thumbsup:
Great advice and install the recommended breaker for that model or you will fry the unit at some point.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Best of luck with that upgrade. I went to a 24v motor, glad I did. Good batteries last all day. Plus the increase power is awesome.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Best thing you could of done. I went 24volt years ago and the change was unbelievable. It is great if you are fishing in the current too. I believe you picked the best brand too. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Question about panel/wires

I do have a panel on the boat, but from my understanding that is for my lights, fishfinder, everything else that is wired to my 12 volt starting battery. I thought my current 12 volt trolling motor is wired directly to the battery, for example i dont need my key in the on position for this to work. I may need help rewiring this thing. If someone could message me their number I have a few questions thanks.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One other thing, any of you guys recommend spending the extra money for the quick release mount. It seems like a nice feature to having that latch door i can take the motor off and on prettty easy anyway

·
Registered
620 Posts
I picked one up for mine in the bargain cave at cabelas. You bolt the bottom plate to the boat and the top plate to the motor and slide them together. once in place you screw one bolt in and put a lock on it and your good to go. Its really convienent if you have a plug on the end of your tm wires cause you can have your motor off in under a minute. No cold snowy winters for my 70 maxxum! :thumbsup: Good luck with your new motor gonna love that 24 volt upgrade

1 - 10 of 10 Posts