BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a call from "Bloodworm Chuck", he caught 9 stripers up to 20 inches. Relatively calm but raining.

He told me there were plenty of fish in the shallows and all fish were caught at low tide (outgoing).

We'll be giving it a shot again tomorrow morning, hopefully with similar results.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Thanks For The Report Bud........

Good Luck Tomorrow.............

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
go get em steve! Ill be taking the dogs to the vet (what a good dad :D ) and gettin my oil changed - you know what Im sayin :D

next two weekends - weat*** permitting - TUNER HUNT!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Steve, good to hear the warm water hasn't slowed down your area. Are you going to make the meeting this week and fish afterwards?

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Get on them Stripeeez, Steve!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the fish weren't biting when I got down on Saturday. They weren't biting on Sunday either. The bait was moving out, I assume due to the weekend storm but should be back by the time I try again on Saturday.

I only saw a few mullet in the wash and only a couple of breaking fish. Only fished a couple hours total, due to the rain. Never dunked any bait, just threw everything in my plug bag.

Ray...unfortunately, I won't be at the outing tonight, I am conducting a training class until 6:30 or 7:00.

·
Registered
394 Posts
hey steve,

they were back again tonight :D ask me how i know

cow nosed rays all over the place too - one bumped into me tonight - scared the crap out of me... incoming and outgoing.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom,

Did I leave one of my sand spikes in your truck? If so, I'll get it this weekend.

At least you're not afraid of the dark, like some people I know down there. :D ;)

Let's hook up this weekend, I'm jealous you're there and I'm not. Sunday morning, 3:30am should be the perfect time and tide.

Shoot me an email.

Thanks for the report. :rolleyes:

[ 08-18-2004, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: snichols ]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, Steve
I am not afraid of the dark........unless you are standing behind me!!!!!!
For me to be fishing at 3:30 AM it has to be for a striper larger than 42".

BLOOD WORM CHUCK

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by bwchuck:
Hey, Steve

BLOOD WORM CHUCK
Now that's funny :D . You may not be afraid of the dark but you should probably stay in bed to get your beauty sleep. God knows you need it. ;)

Does this mean you'll be fishing with me in the wee hours of Sunday morning?? I'll bring an extra light for you, it'll keep the Boogie Man away. :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by snichols:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bwchuck:
Hey, Steve

BLOOD WORM CHUCK
Now that's funny :D . You may not be afraid of the dark but you should probably stay in bed to get your beauty sleep. God knows you need it. ;)

Does this mean you'll be fishing with me in the wee hours of Sunday morning?? I'll bring an extra light for you, it'll keep the Boogie Man away. :D
</font>[/QUOTE]no 42 inch bass today, but my arms ache from all the 40lb rays.

the stripes were hanging out below the rays...

if anyone catches rays with about 10 jigs in their mouth they're mine :D

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tom,

I got your email. I'll try to catch up with you tomorrow to talk about Sunday morning.

Way to catch'em up. That fish looks clean and healthy. That beach looks a little different than our "normal area" in the second picture.

What are you doing fishing in the daytime and why aren't you at work? It sucks reading this while sitting in my office. :(

·
Registered
394 Posts
yo steve,

vacation :D all the fish i caught were to the left - far left. i followed the birds - not seagulls - turkey vultures :confused: . the more i come down here the more i thank my wife for talking me into it :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
yo steve,

vacation :D all the fish i caught were to the left - far left. i followed the birds - not seagulls - turkey vultures :confused: . the more i come down here the more i thank my wife for talking me into it :D

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tom,

You mean south? I knew the sand looked different.

Turkey vultures...they probably smell the leftover BAIT from one of Blood Worm Chuck's fishing excursions. :D

What time are you going out tomorrow?

·
Registered
896 Posts
BeachBoy
Is this the same BeachBoy that we all know....? Man oh man, we all thought his new name was the Milk Carton Kid....!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by mericanwit:
BeachBoy
Is this the same BeachBoy that we all know....? Man oh man, we all thought his new name was the Milk Carton Kid....!
yo cuz,

you sell your fishing gear yet
when you coming down :confused: you know your wife don't want you around :eek:

·
Registered
896 Posts
So true....
Gonna give you a call tomorrow on that phone of yours that everyone else says that you never answer... ;)
Looking to head down if you got room Sat afternoon, yep, just in time for the thunder showers to follow me down...
Anyway, me and the rest of the Hatteras crew say that cownosed ray looks awfully familiar.... :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts