BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is gona be an early season guys, if you look you can just make out a huge bait ball:eek: it was at least 15 feet in diameter. That's when the cast net came out;) and the rest is history..thanks to my buddy Ron jr fror the great pics:)

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Nice!.............

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
nice! how do you plan to keep them alive until its fishing time? Those look like the perfect size fish for monster flattie fishing:)

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Skmag357 said:
nice! how do you plan to keep them alive until its fishing time? Those look like the perfect size fish for monster flattie fishing:)
steve,

no way to keep those guys alive that long,

best case scenario, he vacums, salts, and freezes them....

they work nicely into a chum slick ;)

very good sign.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 5x5 baitpen to put'em in there for now, will keep an eye on them if they dont stay alive I'll be quick to freez'em.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
zar2754 said:
steve,

no way to keep those guys alive that long,

best case scenario, he vacums, salts, and freezes them....

they work nicely into a chum slick ;)

very good sign.
Yea I remember you saying they are very hard to keep alive....I bought a cast net this past fall...now I just need to learn how to throw it:D

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Skmag357 said:
Yea I remember you saying they are very hard to keep alive....I bought a cast net this past fall...now I just need to learn how to throw it:D
I'll help you with that, I can throw one with my eyes closed and drinking a beer:D

·
Registered
562 Posts
i've kept about 100 them in a small baitpen for 2 monthes until the water got so cold they died, you should be able to keep them longer in a large pen, especially since its going to get progressivly warmer.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LBI striper searcher said:
That is a great picture sequence. Good sign that the fish are going to be coming to life.

Thanks LBI, gonna try to get out this weekend...will keep you guys posted..:)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
So its true. I always thought the guys who told me they have seen peanuts all winter were on drugs or something. Whats the deal though, by the size of them it looks like they had to have hatched 2 months late or something?

RyanF

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
phillyfishing said:
i want to learn too :) i'll have to meet ya over no bones :) i'll bring the beer
Coors Light Bottles will be needed for throwing while drinking, but prefer the cans for long time consumption, Name the date and time:D

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
smellinfishy said:
I'll help you with that, I can throw one with my eyes closed and drinking a beer:D
Nice! I will take you up on that. I bought either an 8 or 10 foot net....its smaller mess for peanuts and mullet

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Skmag357 said:
Nice! I will take you up on that. I bought either an 8 or 10 foot net....its smaller mess for peanuts and mullet
you may wana start throwning a 5 footer at first..then go bigger...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts