BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST LISTENED TO RACK AND FIN RADIO TOM PAGS
AND RUSS ALLEN PRINCIPAL BIOLIGEST FROM NACOAT
CREEK SAID THE BONUS TAG PROGRAM IS GONNA BE IN FULL SWING BY APRIL 1 . SAME AS IN 2004 WITH WEIGH STATIONS GETTING FORMS AND TAGS . RACK AND FIN ALWAYS HAS ALOT OF GOOD INFO 1450 AM RADIO EVERY SATURDAY. SO LOOK FOR YOUR TAGS IN THE MAIL IF YA SENT YOUR LOG INFO IN.
JBAUER
HY BRID JOE :D

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
thats great.nothing listed on the fish and game site yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
thats great for you guys, but the guys that figured the program was over and didn't send their log in two seasons ago cant get tags? i think these guys need to put a program in place and leave it. i didnt send it in last fall because they said no more tags. then came the lottery. oops no log no lottery. now the same this past fall, no more tags. oh well maybe it was just me. thanks for letting me vent. i feel better now.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
A couple thoughts, 1st Tom P does have a great show but you have to remember to look it up on the AM radio. A lot of us don't even remember what that is. I'll be joining him on March 25th to talk about live HERRING fishing for stripers with all aspects from catching HERRING keeping them alive and getting them in front of the hungary bass. A word of warning I do name spots.

Other than that I have one comment. I see a lot of whooping and hollerin about the bonus tags. Without actually clicking back and doing the research I wonder how many that are glad to get the extra fish are those who were back condeming the NC charters for keeping legal limits of fish?

And for those who made a contract with the state by taking the bonus tags and not sending in the required information, I fell that there should be a much stiffer penalty than simply not getting another tag.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I certainly do not want to start a war or lose friends but Dave is correct.
I wonder why any one would even want to kill 3 fish? I will admit I have always had my tags but have never used one even when they were the old metal tags. I had them for one reason only when we had the slot and that was to cover my butt should my wife want me to bring a fish home and I killed the first fish I caught and the second fish was 50+ which I always said I would mount.
To each his own and if its legal then fine but sooner or later we need to think about how many we take, whether we live in NJ or NC.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I will apply for another bonus tag. Didn't get it last year. I will keep the occasional extra fish for my elderly niehbors or family memebers.
Dave, I'll be listening!! Could always use some new SPOTS.

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
FISH AND GAME SAYS WEEK OF MARCH 13TH SOMETHING SHOULD BE POSTED.AN EXAMPLE FOR HARVEY. IF I GUT HOOK 2 28 INCH FISH I KEEP THEM. THEN IF I CATCH A TROPHY FISH AM I SUPPOSED TO THROW IT BACK BECAUSE I KEPT THE 2 SMALLER ONES OR USE THE BONUS TAG.I ALSO SHARE MY CATCH WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS . I ALSO DONATE TO MY LOCAL SENIOR CITEZENS CLUB . SO YES THERE ARE MANY REASONS TO HAVE THE BONUS TAGS.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I sent in my log in early December and expect my tags in the mail. Although I haven't used one yet it is nice to have them just in case. The log probably helps the state in some way so sending it in is just doing your part, no matter how small' to help out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts