BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He writes that it was his first trip as a paraplegic going on an airplane to Guatemala to Casa Vieja Lodge in search of Billfish on 2lb test!As luck would have it he hooks a sail and 2h17m into the fight and 60yrds from the boat made a foolish,amateurish mistake with too much drag and breaks the fish off.Day two proved to be productive for Tred as he successfully released a sail after a 1h15m fight with what he says would be described as spectaculer runs and jumps!!:) My hat goes off to Tred for not giving up in the worst of times and for having the strength to proceed with what he loves to do!:thumbsup: This should set an example for all those people out there that think it cannot be done and have been involved in life altering experiences that "YES" if you put your mind to it,it can truly be done! KUDOS to Tred!! This article just brightened my day!!!!:D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

That's great stuff, was the magazine just delivered today?
I just received it yesterday but just read it today.In the last couple lines he writes. Quote "So listen,either hurry up living or hurry up dying.If you've decided to live,follow my lead,and I will see you offshore soon."I believe this could be an inspiration to a lot of people who otherwise would just give up during times of trials and tribulations.:)

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Leave it to Tred to be down in Costa Rica punishing the sails...on #2 no less. My hat goes off to his determination as well.

We shouldn't forget about the power of having a good women by your side however.....his wife Anni is one strong gal herself and has been by him every step of the way. I am not sure if Tred would have come so far so quick without her by his side for mental support and determination.

Lest we ever forget the importance of our wives my fellow barners.......

Now back to my single life in MiJami.....another mojito por favor....:cool::fighting::cool:

Tight Lines,

Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.