·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep
It
Simple
S-----

Thats what I like best about fly fishing!
It is almost like fishing with a handline. The cast involves no moving spool or line pulling from the reel. The anticipation during the retreive puts me in my "happy place".
The line is in both hands. The fish hits AND YOU FEEL EVERYTHING!

It is a great challenge to fish fly tackle in the salt. It is a pleasure to share with the fine people on this board.
LET's have some fun!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Very well put. Especially for those just starting to fly fish. Keep it basic and learn as you go.

Most important is to put yourself in a location where the fish are as even best casting, most experienced angler will not catch if the fish are not there.

Try to fish with a fly angler more experienced than you and you will soon become a much better fly angler just by observing and asking some questions. Most fly anglers will gladly share information.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
No comment

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
sometimes a "no comment" is the most comment. Yes simple is fine, but the intricacies(sp) available & somewhat worthwhile takes the sport to an elevated level. When you get there, you will know, & immediately know you NEED to learn more. I suggest we let this go & return to my basic--GET A FLY IN THE WATER.

Dave, I never mentioned that I like your sig.

·
Registered
931 Posts
look forward to applying this next week in Stathmere, at Corsons Inlet, along the sod banks in the bay, at the mouth of Cheesmans, cantttttttt wait.

My finger tips are covered with zapagap from tying assort morsels.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ron,
VERY good point!!

You are right that when you get there, you ask questions that you were not aware of when you were a new fly fisher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts