BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to kayak fishing and I wanted to know what i can catch from fishing rite off the beach. Like jus taking my kayak off the beach i will be doing this in wildwood.
Thanks all help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
294 Posts
You can catch pretty much anything you can catch from the beach...except spots around jetties and fish further out are more accessible. It really can open up great fishing you otherwise couldn't get to.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Many tricks -- and even some significant hazards (especially west wind factors) -- to kayak fishing the NJ ocean.
Great fun to paddle "troll" a Storm Wildeye -- with rod either resting on shoulder and sured between legs or from a specially made trolling rod holder. Bass love that slow moving plastic.
As you know, we had a young kayak angler take a 55-pound bass last year.
Fluking is great from a kayak, even when winds are calm -- All the bigger craft are stalled but a yak moves nicely in the current or can be paddled to bump a squided bucktail off the bottom.
By the by, those slimy bottom feeding fish common to kayak fishermen (near the beach) are red hake and delicious. They go for small squid or clam pieces.
No, I don't know what to do if that clam bit gets picked up by one of the 100-pound-class black drum out there right about now. I'd like to find out, though.
If you want some more kayak angling insights, drop me an email at [email protected]. I also put kayak-catch reports on my website at www.webspawner.com/users/jmann2002.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts