1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
931 Posts
I saw it and it was crazy!!! I don't think I'd be comfortable sitting backwards on my kayak in 600 ft of water fighting a shark as big as my kayak. Maybe I'm just a pu$$y. It was cool to watch though. Did you see the guy almost fall off his kayak while fighting the shark? Hopefully we will see more kayak fishing on the tube.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always thought it would be wild to bring a kayak along on a canyon trip. When you troll past the balls you know are holding fish, drop it off with a handheld VHF. Load up on Mahi and call the boat to come pick you up. Of course, I've never had the balls to try it.

SIC YAKKER - Where do you launch from in SIC? I'm often out on the bay behind Avalon and townsends.

·
Registered
931 Posts
StickEm, I usually fish behind Strathmere or at CISP. I am usually out only at night during the summer due to jetski and boat traffic.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Eric G has a green WS Pungo, blue milkcrate on back & white rod holders w/ Hummingbird DF in front of cockpit, orange paddle blades. VHF equipped, scanning usually w/ watch on 72

Usually NW area, but do the Avalon/SH bays once in a while around 55th Street ramp/Long Reach channel & Paddys hole

[ 07-07-2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Eric G ]

·
Registered
395 Posts
stickem I have a hobby 12.5 that took on my 42ft
bertram to the hudson and hook into two yft 55 -
90LBS class that towed me around for while I've
been fishing the canyons since 1979 and bought the
yak four years ago have all tricked out nice.
I had to do it it was a trip at first than got used to it have to pick your days and stay just
inside the spreader lights so that the boys can see ya safty is always the main point

1 - 7 of 7 Posts