BASS BARN banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The season is upon us. We haven't had a dedicated report thread in a few years. Post them here, with as much info as you'd like. Tides, conditions, baits, techniques, time of day, depth......but please no posting of specific spots.

And please keep it to reports.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im heading out with a group opening day lower mullica river, about 5 of us we do every spring. Ill post every trip for all you kayakers. I signed on about 3 yrs ago n have learned alot plus researched, read n talked to a few. C alot more people these days not bragging but most my spare time kayak n fish. Wanna learn more n our group allways welcomes people. Im the only girl so dont think its chicks.. Its all about kayak fishing.......

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Fishchick wave if you see a bright yellow yak that looks a little small for the guy in it. I'll be in that area 3/1 as long as the wind isn't honkin :wave:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Stuck a NICE Fish on the Troll out front yesterday afternoon.....came unbuttoned during the Battle.....NO JOY!!!

Felt like one for the Box....I'd guess 30-32 Inch'ish

Next time!!!:thumbsup:

You and I will hve to disagree on the no joy part, bro.
I got the report, the west winds had died down but so did the surf. It was like a lake up there. We never do well when it's like that, at least from the surf.....My girlfriend and I were a few miles north of you enjoying a day without fishin :nuts: We saw scattered birds on the water over some deep bait, but no activity along a 10 mile stretch....it was just one of those days, is all....:huh:

But you DID stick a fish. :thumbsup: And were only 1 of 2 who did....to me that's significant.... South Jersey came up North, and represented! :cool: :thumbsup:
You'll gettum next time, thanks for the report...:wave:

Yak2fishChick, welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fishchick wave if you see a bright yellow yak that looks a little small for the guy in it. I'll be in that area 3/1 as long as the wind isn't honkin :wave:

Ill b on a baby blu ocean yak. I think ive seen u out there maybe. Im a tall blonde used to have red explorer. If yur the one im thinking about u were allways catching.. I snagged one right after that n capt howard put me in the press. It was nice of him mentioned catching it off the yak.. Made me proud booyah.. Will look for u we will b out sat. Hope winds wont b too bad good luck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Scouting and bassing

Went out today to scout out a new area. I Was with SPINFISHERBOB AND GWFSJ We all started to get into the bass about 10am and stayed to about noon. All the bass were in the 18 in to low 20's . I caught 2 double headers 1 on the bottom and the other on the teaser for a total of 5 for the day. I think Bob and Jim caught around the same. Hope this is a sign for the season ahead.

P.S. I have some video from my new toy Ill post it when I get the chance

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Fished the Mullica today with a variety of artificials with no fish to show for it. Was nice when the sun finally came out but the wind kicked up and made fishing a PITA.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Weakie

Hit a river on the yaks with my buddy Greg. Fished a couple of hours and had a big hit trolling a yellow bomber but never came tight. Right as I was ready to head in had a hit and landed a nice weakfish. Tried to let her go but wasn't working. Weighed her in and tipped the scales at 2.91lbs. Hit a orange/yellow Yo-Zuri Crystal Minnow.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Dan I fished the same area today from 2-6. Trolled, tossed jerkbaits, hardbaits. The only action I had was a small blue chasing my twister tail. Got the old el skunko.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well i didnt get out. Weather sucked n water was dirty.. Glad that kayakr was ok. Each day i pull into work n sit looking out at the inlet brigantine-- nevr any boats this morning theres 4.. Glad u guys r getting out.. Hope u hook em..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey it's been awhile since I lasted posted. I didn't know that there was a kayak thread on here. I just got into it myself 2yrs ago, but still learning. Been fishing since i was a kid but mostly off of bridges and banks mostly stay in small creeks for now,but plan on getting further out. Being female myself I felt a little intimidated but reading everything you all have to say has given me guts to get out there.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I fished a small bridge Saturday night started out in the fog and a strong 15mph east wind kicking up a 1.5ft chop. After working the bridge for a couple of hours without a bite the fog lifts to a clear dark sky.
Now the bridge lights could do their job. After about 20min it started, I got a little rat to start. Then they just got bigger and I had all the fish to myself:D:D. A lot of 25" fish.
I managed to grab a 29" and lost 1 that broke a trebble hook to get free:mad:. All the fished seemed to be in the roughest water off the pilings.
With the wind going against the tide all night I felt like a cork in a wash tub and my legs were beat from fighting the current. When I got home even the bed was still rockin.

1 - 20 of 216 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.