BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Let's Here About Those Yak Attacks !!!
This is your place to post fishing reports,talk about Kayaks and to plan your adventures....
Have Fun Guys,,,,
-----------------------------------------------

November is my favorite time of the year to do the kayak thing..Drifting eels thru the ICW and or looking for and plugging surface action can mean just some outstanding fishing....
In fact we are trying to put together a such trip this coming weekend. I will put a report up next week..

[ 11-09-2005, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Steve,
Hank and I are going out Thursday night. Give me a call. I have changed cell phones and your # is still on the old phone. Need to add you to the new one. Thanks, Keith the bagman

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by the bagman:
Steve,
Hank and I are going out Thursday night. Give me a call. I have changed cell phones and your # is still on the old phone. Need to add you to the new one. Thanks, Keith the bagman
Will Do Kieth,Sometime on Thursday...

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Got out Saturday night behind CISP. The good news is that the fire has died down abit to what I would consider a more than average for this time of year but not outrageous.

Went out a little early since I had a guest. Got to the first spot just in time for the middle of the incoming and the pops faded out pretty quick. It was dead for the next few hours.

Moved to another spot and just about at the tided change I hooked up. Got the fish yak-side and it was every bit of 34". Too bad the leader broke.

My guest hooked up with what must have been a decent fish a little later. His knot failed.

Started to hear some pops and thought things were looking up but the pops only lasted about 10 minuutes.

I was prepared to stay all night but my guest had enough. I told 'em to wear waders or something to keep the water from soaking his legs on a long nights. Oh well. Packed it in at 1am.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Me and Yakass attempted a late night assault deep behind CISP on Monday night Tuesday morning. Tide charts had high tide for about 12:30am. Strange thing is when we got there at 12:00am it looked like the tide was already a couple hours low. Must have been from the strong west winds during the day. Was glad to see that the fire in the water is just about gone. Only very litte of it left. Tried several spots and found no fish at all popping. This is about 4 trips in the last two weeks with no fish breaking the surface. Beautiful night with little or no wind. It was like a lake out there but unfortunately a lake without hungry stripers. Hope try a day time assault in LBI on Friday depending on the weather.

[ 11-08-2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: jettiejock ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Friends Ron & Greg took the Ambush out for the entire out-going tide back behind Corson's Saturay Night/Sunday Morning and from what they told me. The Place Is Deadier Then A DoorNail..

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
It's been tough. I fished as hard as I could consiering the weather over the past 5 weeks and it has been ssslllloooowwwwww behind CISP.

Only one 'surefire' spot has produced anything. It's the lack of pops that is disturbing. On the other hand, Lakes and GE Bay seem to have good numbers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did a short solo out front trip this morning for two hours. Ocean was flat as a lake and found birds working 150 yards off the beach. The birds stopped before I could launch but was able to hook up with 6 Blues to 33 inches and 1 striper at 30 inches. All caught on a chicken stratch bomber trolled. Huge pods of peanuts about 300 yards off the beach. As I pulled my yak to depart the birds started going nuts. Would have put back in but had family plans. Plan on going again Sunday morning if anyone is interested email me and we can meet up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fished in the back areas late last night - caught many shorts after the motor boats left. Fun on the light rod, but looking to get towed around a bit. Tried some large lures but only had action on the teaser.

Hey jettiejock, I bet that 33 inch blue gave you a good ride! Any problem pulling that chomper into your lap in the kayak? I think I would feel a little uncomfortable holding that thing between my legs! :eek:

[ 11-13-2005, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: dogcatcher ]

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Friday night behind CISP I had a 26" and 32". Turned off as fast as it turned on.

Finally got out to GE Inlet at first light on Saturday. The sea was calm and I believe I could of fished the north bar. However, the weekend warriors were in full attack mode and I did not want to go anywhere near the fleet. There were too many people with motors wide-open and looking at birds and not the water for me to feel safe. I would definitely do this again when the conditions are right on a weekday.

Hats off to all the courteous boaters who gave me some room or lowered their speed when they were near me. A word of advice, lowered speed is not necessary but a width berth when appropriate is appreciated.

If you are going to launch from the Longport side, be ready and able to paddle up-current on the outgoing tide. Not realizing how stong the current would be from a kayak perspective, I took it head on. I think it took me as long to get around the jetty as it took to paddle in from about 1/2 mile out. My suggestion is that you duck into the pocket between the jetties to escape the tide and only pop out as close as you can near the jetty.

Headed down to the south end of OC and launched from the beach since the seas were so calm. All the 2-4# blues you wanted but no bass.

Doyle, nice meeting you Saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
egghead, it was nice meeting you as well. i was going to launch yesterday at the same spot that you did, but the winds seemed to negate that plan. i fished the surf and did nothing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fished OC at first light yesterday. Backwater spot looked great but only landed one short 20-22" and missed a bunch. Many fish looked small. Fished the bridge from 8:00-10:30 and managed only four more schoolies 18-20". Water was ugly and the wind started honking. I haven't ventured out front but I think I've missed some great action. I was killin' this time last year. I hope there is good news in the future.

[ 11-14-2005, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
44 Posts
I rented a place in LBI next week to celebrate Thanksgiving and get in some surf fishing. Debating on taking the kayak (a 14" sot) for the bay or maybe the surf (on a calm day). Anyone have experience with kayak fishing behind LBI. Where is a good launch spot? How is the bridge at night? Anything to absolutely avoid? I welcome all replies.

[ 11-17-2005, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: dogcatcher ]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
dogcatcher, i don't kayak but to answer your question there is a ramp to the right just as you come off the bridge onto the island in shipbottom. there are some islands and good structure just opposite the ramp. i have never fished there but know people who do and it has been productive at night. there are some nice dropoffs and holes. look at a chart before you go as there are several islands and creeks right there and that will help pinpoint likely areas. you can also try down in beachhaven as the intercoastal runs very close to the island down there. i'm not sure on ramp locations, but you can ask at the local tackle shops down that way. if you can you can put in on one of the street ends. i don't know about that,but it might be an option. if you do, think supermarket. hey, it's not a spot, it's a clue. good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.