BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any barners planning on doing the Jamaica Bay charity kayak fishing tournament? It's May 14th in Brooklyn, NYC. I heard awesome stories about last year's event - schools of stripers tailing in gin-clear water, only inches deep! A bunch of blues and weaks were caught, too.

[ 04-06-2005, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: dmb16 ]

·
Registered
931 Posts
dmb16, Brooklyn is way out of my area but do you know of a web site or other source of info for this tourney? It sounds like a blast!

·
Registered
931 Posts
dmb 16, Thanks for the info. I don't think I can make that kind of trip this year, particularly with the"Battle at the Beach" being the following weekend. I will keep it in mind for a future time. Have you ever fished up that way?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I would love to go but Little League's got me. I'm already trying to reschedule one game to fish the tourney on 5/21!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, sic yakker.

Have not fished J-Bay yet, hope to do so on May 14th. We used to keep our boat at Sea Bright and then up at the Highlands. We'd fish the Raritan, Breezy Point, and the beaches along Long Island. Very much looking forward to checking out J-Bay. I'm really curious to see how those flats compare to the ones I fish in the Bahamas.

Where do you do most of your fishing?

·
Registered
931 Posts
dmb16, Check out the post on the Surf fishing forum titled kayakers for the Battle at the Beach. This is not strictly a kayak tourney but is a surf fishing tourney sponsored by The New Jersey Angler magazine. There is a kayak division in it. They will not allow kayaks to launch from the beach but I am planning on fishing the Sedge Island area behind IBSP. The competition is between the Bassbarn and Stripersurf. I hope you will think about competing. We should have a good shot at weakfish, bluefish as well as stripers. Last year several Black Drum were caught in the surf!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts