BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father inlaw gave me the kayak he has had sitting in his garage for the past couple years. It's an ocean kayak, Venus 10 model. I looked it up and says it is for females up to 175lbs. I'm looking to use it for crabbing, i throw in my traps that are attached to a float and then paddle around to check them. Is my fat a$$ (210lbs) gonna sink this bad boy!?!?!

·
Registered
56 Posts
You probably wouldn't sink it but I'd imagine it would be a wet ride. I'd recommend trying to trade it for a bigger OK on craigslist. You're bound to find someone with a wife or girlfriend who wants that Venus. Like the crabbing idea too as well! Good luck to ya

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Most likely you will have a very wet seat

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Taking her out for a spin, I'll let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the wife pulled the "tomorrow is our anniversary, aren't we going to hang out tonight???" as I was packing up my gear! Made the wise decision and tossed the yak in one of my closer freshwater spots to see how she would do.... First of all, it weighs 36lbs! I would much rather toss that on the top of my car than my big a$$ Hobie! So the good news is that I didn't sink! Once I got in, the sides of the yak were about 2" off the water. While it wasn't crazy stable, it was def stable enough to fight a beast or two! She'll work perfect for my crabbing adventures and might even see some fishing time if I am headed to a spot where it is hard to get to the launch site. Oh yeah, I guess I'll let my wife use her every once and awhile too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.