BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice trailers fellas. :thumbsup: I am looking into getting one as I am moving up to a 12' yak and my 7.5 ft (tailgate down) bed is not long enough to just toss it in and strap it down.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pat i have the same trailer i just got it . It will be the trailer i use when im just taken my own yak which is most of the time (pics to follow)

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Here's what I did , made it out of a small jon boat trailer
Wow that came out great, ! Are you gonna put some side rails around the posts to carry other gear ? Seems like you could use the deck to store plenty of gear or to haul stuff.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great , if you want to have a look at mine for ideas let me know
Thanks Pat but that trailer im leaving the way i got it it has rails so i can load my outback and what gear im bring can be stowed in my yak or car. The other trailer Ill use when Im taken more then 1 yak or persons

·
Registered
148 Posts
Last year I bought the smallest boat trailer I could find so that I could eventually convert it to a kayak trailer. Last night I stripped off the bunks and did a lot of measuring. I plan to build a box approx 4x8 and mount it to the trailer. I'll transport rods and tackle in the box. On top of the box will be two load bars that will let me haul 2 kayaks side by side. I'll post pics if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Drob please pots pics if you can. I am moving up to a bigger yak and I will likely have to buy/modify a small trailer as well. Looking for ideas and inspiration...thanks

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I have a trailer already set up for a single yak. Had my Outback on it. Sold the yak, don't need the trailer.
Galvanized, new led lights, tongue jack, bearing buddies, carpeted bunks.
$350

Ken 856-728-4095

1 - 14 of 14 Posts