BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what methods you guys use for moving the kayaks around? Throw it in the back of the pick-up, trailers, roofracks?

This will be my first season and while I can launch into the lagoon close to the house I'm going to want to be able to range a little more later in the year.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mine almost never leaves my truck. Never know when the opportunity will arrive to paddle a bit and make a couple casts.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
Fred. I use a bed of pickup. When I had 2 kayaks, one went on the top of the cap.

Storage wise, in the garage on a furniture dolly. Easy to pull out and stage behind the truck.

When on site, a set of wheelez plug in cart.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
Fred, then you have

reason #437. Open the tailgate, place a piece of starboard to fillet on it. Perfect height.

Reason #438. Your able to tuck a plastic trash bag corner at the tailgate cable support to toss parts into.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Great idea! Kinda wish idve thought about that before. Much to my wife and kids dismay, most fish are cleaned on my back porch patio table.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I converted a 4x8 landscape trailer. Holds the Hobie and also a paddle yak on it's side. Gear box up front.

·
Registered
61 Posts
SUV/Roof Rack with a Thule Slipstream. Picked this up last summer from someone and it's awesome for loading by yourself !!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I used to drive 600 miles a week commuting to my old job, so I had to scrap by explorer and get a civic. I tossed a thule roof rack on top and have actually put two yaks on top and been fine. Since it's so low to the ground, getting it on and off isn't that bad. I would love to build a trailer for them....it's in the works!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I picked up a cheap roof top carrier on amazon that I'm going to try out. The problem is I don't have any roof rack so I need something that straps on. If you see a tan 12' kayak on the side of the 9th St. Bridge in OC, drop me a line on here to let me know where it blew off. THanks again for the thoughts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.