BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eric G gave some details about his kayak for ID purposes in an other topic and I thoght it would be an interesting topic in itself. I will get the ball rolling. I fish from a sand-colored Tarpon 140 with a black milk crate in the back. I have a yellow PFD and I have TBB stickers on both sides of my kayak. I usually fish in the Strathmere / CISP area but will travel some. Lately I have been fishing with Fly Fish down in Stone Harbor. I do not have electronics on my kayak yet. I anyone sees me please say Hi. Tom.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
My yak is a yellow OC Caper. I usually have a green tackle bag strapped in the back. I wear a red life vest and will be fishing the CISP or 9th st causeway. Say hi,

Al

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Ocean Ambush 2Man Kayak,HomeBase Southern Ocean City and Launch mostly at CISP.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I haven't been out on my yak in awhile but I think I'm going to dust it off next weekend and get out. Green Pungo with Red Life Jacket. OC area mostly.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Eric G has a green WS Pungo, blue milkcrate on back & white rod holders w/ Hummingbird DF in front of cockpit, orange paddle blades. VHF equipped, scanning usually w/ watch on 72. Yellow lifevest, flare pistol for "nightime emergencies" (from another post).

Usually NW area, launching usually from 17th streetend, but do the Avalon/SH bays once in a while around 55th Street ramp/Long Reach channel & Paddys hole.

BTW - Sunset Bay Bar welcome yakkers. Shirt & shoes required. Nice "watering hole."

[ 07-08-2005, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Eric G ]

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
White Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT -

you can't miss it - it has RESCUE in big red letters on both sides as it was once a lifeguard rescue craft.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Yes, behind the seat, transducer is glued down with 3M 5200 sealant. It's the only "goo" I found that wont release with the polyprolene plastic of the hull, heat expansion, banging the yak around, etc. It's just left of the centerline/keel. I have the bracket of the tranducer also screwed to the bottom half of seat. The only thing I didn't use is the suction cup from my Pirahana Portable model.

When affixxing the transducer, make sure you get all the air bubbles out by swirling the transducer around in the "bubble" of sealant before it gets hard. I have air bubbles the first time and i drove me crazy firguring it out. By using 5200 sealant, it's permanent so make sure you do it right and it's where you want it.

Test different areas with the transducer with vaseline as the "bubble of goo" so you find the right area.

For you Old Town yakers, guess what, the hull has foam sandwiched between (like a Boston Whaler). Your out of luck and need outside the hull mount. Found that one out the hard way.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Barrel, you launching off the Ed Klienger pier?? :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
hey nightstrikes - ditto - I have the exact same yak, dark green two man Ambush, blue life jacket, son wears brigh yellow life jacket....and a light blue ocean frenzy with one rod holder in the back.

nightstrikes - do you use a trolling motor? I have a riptide 40, but can't seem to find the right battery, any advise there?

bgs dad, looks like you have a trolling motor on your yak, any advise on what batt to get?

I too launch from CISP, work the 9th street causeway, etc....mostly OC and CISP....hope to see you guys out there.....SJB

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Originally posted by sjb saxatilis:
hey nightstrikes - ditto - I have the exact same yak, dark green two man Ambush, blue life jacket, son wears brigh yellow life jacket....and a light blue ocean frenzy with one rod holder in the back.

nightstrikes - do you use a trolling motor? I have a riptide 40, but can't seem to find the right battery, any advise there?

bgs dad, looks like you have a trolling motor on your yak, any advise on what batt to get?

I too launch from CISP, work the 9th street causeway, etc....mostly OC and CISP....hope to see you guys out there.....SJB
I just buy a new battery at Walmart each year. The biggest that will fit in my battery box and most cranking amps.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Barrel; since you are naked, what have you been "trolling" with? Maybe this can explain why the cows aren't around! LOL.

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
My Yak is a yellow with black stripe 12' Walden Sports Scout model. It is a sit-in design with a storage space on the back with a black cover. By the end of the summer I intend to have it painted camo.

No add-ons yet. I'm still getting a feel for where I want to put stuff before I drill.

I launch mostly out of SP and CISP.

[ 07-09-2005, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: egghead ]

·
Registered
820 Posts

I fish Stone Harbor, but travel when the fish are elsewhere.
99% back bay until fall when I take it out front for the biggies!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm trolling in a lime green O. K. malibu two from CISP to points south. Daybreak most likely out front in WWC and in darkness CISP area.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Blue Malibu II OK. No add ons as of yet. 10 years old, what am I waiting for??? OC, SP area. Like to flip soft plastics under Rainbow.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
fly fish, nice pic, looks like you have a few swimmin plugs (or similar) on those spinnin rods, that's what I use as well, plastic also, see ya out there!

sjb

1 - 20 of 28 Posts