BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tank and was looking at the Keepalive aerator system on the web. My question is how does this system work with lots of fish scales in the tank. I tried just a rule pump but the small fish scales from penut bunker get caught in the intake pump and clog the whole system. Does the Keepalive system block the small scales form getting cloged? Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
352 Posts
they have all types of filter systems you can put around the intake of the pump. but you should still try to clean it out daily and try to handle them as least as possible.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
The foam filter will clock rather quickly with HERRING slime and scales if you are catching numbers of fish. It will work fine for a dozen in a tank for a days fishing. Do clean it at the end of every day.

For the ultimate I have made a wire cage around the pump with an extention on the water outlet then wrapped the whole thing with mosquito netting.

This will hold up to cast net mud, scales and bunker slime with no problem at all.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have a sunshine bait tank with 2 scale baskets built-in. George lenning custom built it for me check out his website. I love it, the other day i pumped creek water into the tank and with in an hour the water was just about crystal clear.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Sea Fevre,

Is that the monster tank posted on the web site.

Dumb question. Are these portable tanks?

If so how do you handle your intake and outtake?

Thanks,

Peter

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Yeah i bought the biggest one he sells, it is incredible. I have had herring in that keeper for like 7 hours... no problem. I bought a 4 stroke gas powered pump to get fresh water into my tank... which is usually in the back of my pick-up. It takes 15 minutes to fill her up. George Lenning provided me with an 1100 GPH pump which hooks up to the batteries i have in the back of the truck( i could also use the gas powered pump). He sells smaller ones that would fit on your boat or be easier to move around. The scale baskets and filter material he puts in the bait well makes the difference. The tanks are also " a tank within a tank" so the pumps that provide air and water flow never get clogged( they sit in there own chamber and constantly transfer the water from one area to the next. Call his number its great, his wife usually answers and its very personable and friendly.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
hey peb 3 I just noticed u have a place in high bar. I own LeFevre Painting on LBI, we have a jobsite going on meadow lane ( in high bar) at the moment, if u would like to see my tank let me know i can show u how it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts