BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told to flip them at least once a day, and keep them cool.What kind of grass do they come in?Can you feed them?Was given a couple of dozen,and don't want to loose them before the weekend.Never had this many at once. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Reel,
Keep them in the fridge and flip them every 24 hrs and you will be fine. I have 3.5 dozen in my fridge from almost 3 weeks ago and they are fine I have only been doing the once a day flip routine.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Spread them out as well. An old shoebox, I actually use an old Okuma reel box. A little news paper on the bottom and the grass they come in. This reduces the moisture and blood build up. Put them in the fridge and turn daily as described above. You got at least a week, depending on when and time of year of shipping, sometimes a lot longer.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got in and went to flip and noticed blood build up,they are large and are looking a little cramed.thanks guys.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Originally posted by ReelQuick:
I just got in and went to flip and noticed blood build up,they are large and are looking a little cramed.thanks guys.
yo dude,blood buid up and a little cramed means there no good anymore if you e-mail me your address i'll come over and get rid of them for you :D

check out my river report in the striper forum,theres a pic of a 34"er who ate an 11 day old dead worm.
like they said above keep flipping them and try not to buy more than you intend on using in the next 10 days
good luck and catchum up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts