BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First good luck to all those fishing in the two tournaments in the Raritan this weekend. Took Dave Kusel secretary for NFA last night. We left Browns Point around 4:30 with fresh dead bunker and deciderd to try and get live ones two. Went to the normal places on the reach and looked for schools of bunker. They were there along with the millions of bluefish that ate those snagged ones before we got them to the boat. The storms predicted pasted arounf 5:30.After that the wind died down and the bunker were up along with big bass rolling among them feeding on right along side the boat. We managed to snag about a half a dozen bunker and the live ones produced bass to 19 pounds, but the best part was watching those big ones roll and splash among those schools. I wish I could have switch to poppers cause it would have worked along with all those bluefish. As it was a great night in the Raritan :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice report -
I had a nice one Crash my bunker that was floating on top. The only one I hooked with out letting him take line. That was on Sunday.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I will be fishing Sat and Sun, but I will try and stay out of the crowd. I will be in for the bait, but I will have clams. This is the bait that will help me in those out of the way places that the tourney boys might avoid. I had some grrrrreat fishing last year.Hope to repeat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.