BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Brown's Pt marina 6:30 tis morning ran over to B40 for bunker no luck moved up to can31 and managed to snag 1/2 a dozen lkive ones. Then went to B18 first fish 18 pound striped bass after that lost most of the fish due to inexperienced angler. Had one of my good friends and his grand son and he never had been fishing before. That's the learning curve. Ran out of live ones and went to find some more no such luck. Broke out the clams and chunked heavy. Bluefish ate us alive. at can27 Finally had to go to 50 pound floro to stop the bite offs. Did managed to nail a 16 pound bass, The it was 12 noon and I had previous committments so off we went. I will like to try during the week, looks like thursday the next one.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Phil, I am trying to get out there this week sometime for the first trip of the year. I was going to hit around the Knoll, have you tried any of these areas. I am somewhat new to this area, mostly fishing in southern Jersey. Can you give me any pointers for me. I cant run too far because i am only running an 18'. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you go out of key port ramp it is only a short ride to the grounds. Fish around 18 and 20 or come inside if the wind is wrong and fish 31 to 27 on ther green side. Clams will work, but live bunker is best right now. For clams you will have to buy a least a bushel and shuck them your self. Then chunk them heavy and you will get them to come to the boat. Best is wind and tide together. Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts