BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe I'm thinking about boat like this, but it kind of fits the bill... I have the chance to own one really right. What's the thought on these boats? Looking for a boat to leave in the Keys/S Florida. I've surveyed lots of Key West's over the years and they make a good boat. Its been mostly center consoles I've looked at with 150 up to 200hp. How does the WA run with a 115hp on it? Yeah, I know she's going to be a slug, but I'm only running to the Islamorada Reef(3 miles) and back. Maybe the Hump 12 miles off? Its a clean 94 boat with 2004 carbed Johnson 115hp. Just wondering if anyone here has owned the 20 walkaround with a V4 on it?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I am running a 97 Key west 20 WA with a 150 carbed evinrude. It has been a good boat overall and we have fished her at reef 11 and the old grounds quite often. With the 150 she cruises at 25 knots and tops out at 34 knots. One thing I don't like is the scupper height on the stern are to low. I eventually solved the problem with ball scuppers.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
no experience with that size boat and motor but i do honestly believe it will be a dog...especially with a friend or lots of gear on board.. had a 22 with a carbed 225 and that moved good...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have an '04 20' CC, should be the same hull....I have T top...and a 150 Yammy 4x...boat is rated to 200 hp, and I was a bit worried at first that it would be under powered, but its not...WOT I run about 45 mph on the gps...but 115 would worry me not being enough power...not worried about speed, but I like a little extra power to get you out of trouble if needed...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I had a 96 Striper WA with a 130hp Johnson on it. It was just about adequate on that hull. She never felt underpowered but I definitely wanted more. Different hull obviously but prob similar weights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 20ft Key West walk arounf with a 150 hp Mercury. I purchased brand new in 2002 and never had a problem with it. I have had it in the Delaware bay for the last 8 yeras and it is a dry comfortable ride. I have also trailered it to FL and fished on the West coast as well as the Keys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts