BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys - Me and two other guys are heading down to Key West at the end of this month for a "management meeting." We are looking for two days of offshore charter boat fishing - the best offshore fish we can get down there this time of year, wahoo, sailfish, blackfin, whatever they got.

Any recommendations?

I did a search here and came up with one called Key Limey. Any others?

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
16,479 Posts
Key west capt

I just fished X Mas day on a great boat, Hooked up Charters, Captn Jimmy Bailey. He is local 38 years expeirence. Asked him to get my wife a Sail, first fish 77 inch sail. Next 25 # Bull Mahi, the a 40inch Cuda. 3quarter day charter was very affordable,and the mate Tony was a pro. He has 2boats a nice Hatteras,and a see vee. I would go offshore one day,and then to the gulf for grouper,and other reck fish. Snapper season closed.:nuts::thumbsup::th

·
Registered
464 Posts
Fishin magician gar maconi fished him. For 16 yr

Ralph delph or any of his sons

Kenny harris or his son

Rt trosset,

I would stay away from the guy who runs the odyessy rush maltz, my friends didnt do well with him

Those are imho the best that are down there
I would disagree about Rush Maltz. I fish with him at least once every year for the past 5 years. He is known as one of the best in Key West. He keeps his boat next to Tony Murphy and Steve Rodgers and these guys are all friends (all very good)

I won't talk bad about any of these guys, but Cee Beever, if you get you info from sportfishing magazine you are right on. If you spend any time in the Keys every year (like I do). You will find your friends had an off day. Rush is very good.

I know him well and even bought his old Sea vee off him. Just adding my personal knowledge.
STeve

·
Banned
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate the input, guys! I will look into these guys and make some calls tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
you can find links to a lot of these guides websites by going to Jose Wejebe's Spanishfly.com website.Good luck :)

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Actually i fish kw twice a yr since 87 so to speak its feet on the street ibfo

The info i have on the other capt are from friends of mine who fished him

Maybe a bad day but these are guys who fish from the own boats in fact one them has a boat in sea isle, red mcplums

These guys fished the cr every monday for as long as i can remember, some of the best wreck fisherman i know

I am not into hurtin anybody, just first hand

This info does not come from a magazine actually i don t even subscribe to any of them

Actually the better move here would have been to back channel the info , not pst here, hind sight is must always right:(

Kw is the best

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree with retainer Capt Jim Bailey of Hooked Up charters Is one of the best, Ive fished with him for 10 years or so now and was never disappointed. He has all the good gulf permits and does a fine job, my girl and I have caught a ton of different species with him.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Island Time Charters

Call Island Time Charters and ask for Jamie. I have been down to Key West twice and fished with him both times. He is awesome and will put you on whatever you want. I am going back again this spring and going out with him again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would disagree about Rush Maltz. I fish with him at least once every year for the past 5 years. He is known as one of the best in Key West. He keeps his boat next to Tony Murphy and Steve Rodgers and these guys are all friends (all very good)

I won't talk bad about any of these guys, but Cee Beever, if you get you info from sportfishing magazine you are right on. If you spend any time in the Keys every year (like I do). You will find your friends had an off day. Rush is very good.

I know him well and even bought his old Sea vee off him. Just adding my personal knowledge.
STeve
I too have to have to agree...Rush Maltz www.odysseafishing.com is one of the best captains in the Keys... and Mercury, Andros, Sea Vee, Garmin, Shimano, Costa and Jose Wejebe seem to agree.

I have fished with Rush twice a year for the past six years, and every trip was incredible...sorry your friend had a bad trip...but that will happen now and again...I am not sure if one dissapointing trip defines the captains abilities.

I have fished with many captains over the years...I never seen someone work as hard until the last minute as Rush...by the end of the day...when most of us are passing out from exhaustion...Rush is still looking hard for signs of fish...and putting us on them.

I will not be fishing wth any one else when I am down there...I learned that lesson the hard way...Steve Rodgers is also a great captain http://spearonecharters.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.