BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Lets do it

I think it would be a great idea to have a kids tournament. See how many people would be interested. Like a summer event for Fluke?? Something that you could have a few age groups coed like maybe:
4 to 7 years
8 to 12 years
13 to 17 years

Trophies or plaques for 1st 2nd 3rd each group.
Make the enrty fee like 10 or 20 bucks a kid and have dogs & burgers afterwords:D
Any SJ Marina or Bait & Tackle Shop want to hold the event??

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree the problem is I signed up for it twice now and it never happened I even offered multiple boats and crews. I guess we are the only ones that think it's a good idea. Well if we do it this year I will supply my 44' Henriques and will take 1 or 2 adults and thier kids depending on the trip because I would like my daughter to fish also. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
the way to do it would be to try and get the head boat fleet together , and all fish together , and then to target multiple fish, giving awards for many different categories. largest fish , strangest fish , most fish , by getting the head boat fleet together and fishing in the same vicinity of each other makes the day like a big party for the kids , they would be fishing with many other kids on the boat that they are assigned to, plus the other boats would be loaded with kids. for a giant bbq afterwords for the awards ceremony.
but the age groups have to be broken up for fairness,
4 and 5
6 through 8
9 through 12
13 through 17

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MC I run out of WildWood. I realy forgot that we have alot of guy's on here from all over. I assumed the last few I signed up for were in the WildWood/Capemay area. We will have to see where the majority of the guy's want to fish from. Other that the expence of running the boats to a location I was thinking if we can get a Bus going to Washington then why not a bus going to CapeMay or Wildwood. The Headboat fleet is another thought. I guess we will have to see if something happens maybe they will contact me again. That was the initial reason for the thread.:huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.