BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have several kids on my boat from time to time this year and I know that I will need to have suitable PFD's available for them. Kids grow out of things quickly which means that I will need to buy new PFD's yearly or about every other year to comply with CG regs and having the piece of mind of keeping them safe. Is there any place in S. Jersey that I can rent suitable PFD's for kids for the day, month, season? I will buy PFD's if there are no rentals available, but would rather not spend the money if possible. I realize that I could buy minimal PFD's for cheap but, I won't be comfortable with that.

Geek

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
You can always buy new...take care of them and get 50 cent's on the dollar when they are outgrown. Not the cheapest way...but if you get nice ones that you and your kids like.... it still is a cheap investment for what you are buying....;) ;)

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Those pfds will last longer than you think.There are only two weight catagories under adult.30# to 50# and 50# to 90#.They adjust pretty well if you buy a vest type for the 50# to 90# kids they will probably wearout before the kids out grow them.When the kids are alittle older I always tried to get something that didn't come up around their neck as this can be really unconfortable and by then they could out swim 95% of adults anyway.:D

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
We have a huge selection of kids pfd's in stock. Everything we have is made by Stearns. www.stearnsinc.com We have Barbie and spiderman and all the other characters kids love which makes the kids feel kool!!!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
LIFE !!!! jackets

if & when they need them how much would you pay ? i bought 2 automatic inflables for my twins 1 boy 1 girl very conferrable no complaints haveing to wear them ALL the time on the boat or dock 100.00 each hope to never need them but i did have to try them out so i thru him in the pool 1 second puff its full glad i did try it i had them on to tight :) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts