BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else seen a short feature "KNot Wars" on Verses during the North American Fisherman show? I just caught the semi finals, which was the uni-to-uni knot against the wolf knot. Uni blew it away. The chamionship will feature the uni-to-uni against the blood knot; hope I see that episode. Good to know that I’m using at least one of the top two knots in strength. :D

·
Registered
815 Posts
Very good to know. I think most us probably use that knot. Keep us informed on how it turns out,as there are many people who don't have versus.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
RhinoScores said:
Has anyone else seen a short feature "KNot Wars" on Verses during the North American Fisherman show? I just caught the semi finals, which was the uni-to-uni knot against the wolf knot. Uni blew it away. The chamionship will feature the uni-to-uni against the blood knot; hope I see that episode. Good to know that I’m using at least one of the top two knots in strength. :D
I would like to see this to, I use the blood all the time never had one break on me...

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't see the terminal tackle Knot War, but through an Internet search I found that the Palomar won followed by the eye crosser and the uni knot. The current war is between line to line knots.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Knot wars

Uni will best the blood knot, the only blood version that may hold up would be the improved blood knot .This one I've witnessed early on landing tuna when line had to be retied during fight.
Again bloods work best with similar sized lines ,the uni I believe you could fudge on a little and still get a good knot.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Knot Wars? Really?

Christ......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Treude1 said:
Uni to Uni is winning the war- took me about an hour to tie it right.
After some practise it becomes much easier. I use the single uni to tie everything in the dark and can do just by feel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts