BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I may be heading to the biggest state in the Union during the July/August timeframe.
Wanted to see if anyone had personal experience with any guides or charters.
I hear the town is really small, but besides trying my luck with the rod & reel, if there were any other must do things while I make the trip.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Kodiak

It is a small but neat town. Good VFW, they do lunch's and dinners real reasonable. You can drive to some decent river's to fish and it does not take long to figure out which ones have a salmon run in them. A rental car and you can cover the whole island, see some neat sites. If you go north, there is a few off beat bar/restaurants along the highway.
If I picked my all time favorite, it would be Capt Ken on the Runamuck, great guy to fish with.
If I picked my favorite lodge/B&B, it would be whale pass lodge on the back side, they pick you up at the boat launch to port arthur.
But there are numerous charters available, you can just walk the town dock area and talk to them in the afternoon.
If you want a reasonable place to stay, Francis, up the hill past the salmon smoke house guy on the left, next to the chinese restaurant, I will think of name latter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a small but neat town. Good VFW, they do lunch's and dinners real reasonable. You can drive to some decent river's to fish and it does not take long to figure out which ones have a salmon run in them. A rental car and you can cover the whole island, see some neat sites. If you go north, there is a few off beat bar/restaurants along the highway.
If I picked my all time favorite, it would be Capt Ken on the Runamuck, great guy to fish with.
If I picked my favorite lodge/B&B, it would be whale pass lodge on the back side, they pick you up at the boat launch to port arthur.
But there are numerous charters available, you can just walk the town dock area and talk to them in the afternoon.
If you want a reasonable place to stay, Francis, up the hill past the salmon smoke house guy on the left, next to the chinese restaurant, I will think of name latter.
Thanks for the info, I do appreciate it. Please post any other ideas when they come to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.