BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,337 Posts
When I wear the sandals I wear em with laces.I've seen the ones with buckles fail on guy's during play not good!!!!I currentlly wear a wadding boot with spikes in them and I like them the best!!!!!

FC

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Amen.

And if you are losing a korker on the walk to the beach then use duct tape! I would be afraid to work my way out to the tip of a rockpile if I was losin korkers in the sand.

RyanF
This is why I love my Korker Boots.They've never come off!!!!!!Like the commerical says support can be beautiful!!!!:thumbsup:

FC

· Registered
4,337 Posts
I also have the Korkers convertable wading boots. They are great for walking a beach and then standing on little finger jetties or the nice and safe jetties to fish the pockets. However, they are not good ennough for really tough jetties - I know I've taken a fall and slid down into the rocks on one of the safer jetties.
I haven't had a problem with them yet.I really don't like the sandal style their like wearing clod hoppers!!The boots give me awesome support,and I haven't had issue with slipping yet.Which ones do you have Greg??I've got the stream born wader boots.

FC

· Registered
4,337 Posts
I just looked at the Korker's website and I kinda like this Streamborn wading boot they got with the changeable soles. Tackle Direct has them listed for $139.95, but they come with the trail sole, and felt sole, the jetty spike sole is another $35.00 so it would be $175.00 in the end.....

I still like the idea of a good supportive boot with spikes. years ago when the Walt's Walkers were available, I got a pair that fit tight over a pair of hiking boots, and as long as the temps weren't too extreme, they allowed me the best and safest mobility on the rocks, and the nice thing about the Walt's Walkers was, the spikes were standard golf shoe spikes, and you could find replacements at any sporting goods store....(of course now days spiked golfing shoes are pretty much a thing of the past)....which brings me to the other foot wear I used on jetties in the summer, a pair of white golf shoes....

But getting back to the boots.....I like the looks of the Korker's boot with the interchangeable soles, has anyone used any of the Korker's footwear instead of the strap or lace on sandals........???
I've got the streamborn wader boots and I really like em.The problem I'm having is corrosion on the metal.All the metal on the boots has corroded in 1 season.Right now I'm planning on retro fitting them with nylon lace up's.This is the only problem,it's a big problem but the boots work great.

FC

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Corrosion after just one year? Did you wash them off after each use? My wetlands have last about 7-8 years. The metal bracket that holds the sole strap rusted out after about 5 years, but that was easily replaced. You'd think korkers would build a boot that has not metal in it. :nuts:
Yep washed when I got home every time but I guess the hour it takes me to get home was enough to ruin em.I said the same thing to the Korkers guy I guess their focus is on the sweet water guy's.:thumbsdown:

FC:eek:

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Last year I discovered the benefits of carrying a spray bottle of "Saltaway" with me. When I get back to the Jeep I give my reels, pliers, terminal tackle, and surf bag a quick spray then flush everything as soon as I get home.
I would assume it would extend the life of those metal components on the Korker boots as well.
HMMMM never heard of saltaway I gotta get me some of that.Where did you get it???I was carring water with me for my reels but I never thought of something for my boots,just washed em when I got home.

FC:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.