BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met a couple of the Penn Reel guys at the DVSA Flea Market and they convinced me to send in my two reels. I just got back my two Penn 704Z's from Penn yesterday. I could not be more happy. Excellent work and price. If you need top notch and quality work done on your Penn Reels send them in to the Philly Location:
Factory Repair Service
Penn Fishing Tackle
3028 W. Hunting Park Ave.
Philadelphia, Pa 19132

( if placing the address is against the rules please remove )

Thanks Penn

GSBB

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I posed this back in December. One of the reasons, I won' buy anything else except for Penn. Sure, many of the reels are made in China, but so are most Shimano, Daiwa, and Quantum. The one thing those companies lack is a local factory, with dedicated, local employees who fish many of the same areas as we do and experience the same problems with tackle. Just all around great service there by great people.

"The people there are great. Larry is the man. Any question you have about a reel, he knows the answer. I like to keep my business local. I shop at the B&T's and like the fact that the Penn factory is only 20 mins away from me and I'm giving business to fellow Philadelphians. For example, I just went there in the beginning of December with my 4 1/2 year old son. I picked up a few spare spools and parts for my Slammers. The receptionist saw my son, went to the back and returned with a nice Penn gift bag loaded with stickers, lanyards, toys, books, and other fishing goodies.:thumbsup: Now my son is a Penn fan. Little things like that sure go a long way. Oh, and a complete cleaning and rehab of a reel is something like $16.00"

·
Registered
25 Posts
I met a couple of the Penn Reel guys at the DVSA Flea Market and they convinced me to send in my two reels. I just got back my two Penn 704Z's from Penn yesterday. I could not be more happy. Excellent work and price. If you need top notch and quality work done on your Penn Reels send them in to the Philly Location:
Factory Repair Service
Penn Fishing Tackle
3028 W. Hunting Park Ave.

Philadelphia, Pa 19132

( if placing the address is against the rules please remove )

Thanks Penn

GSBB

GSBB,

It was great to meet you for the first time at the DVSA flea market, even though I felt like I already knew you after seeing the pictures of you on here :eek: ;) . We are glad that you are happy with your reels. Tom and I had a great time at the DVSA, and look forward to being back next year.

Tony
Penn Fishing Tackle

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a Penn 650 SS Spinning Reel that I have used for years with little to no maintenance other then a good rinsing after each use, oil and cleaning.

I think I'll try bringing it in for a factory "service". I'm close enough to Philly that I'll just take it there rather then mailing.

I'll tell ya, this reel is like the old commercials for the Timex watches (not that I'm old enough to remember them :naughty:) but they do "take a lick'n and keep on tick'n".

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GSBB,

It was great to meet you for the first time at the DVSA flea market, even though I felt like I already knew you after seeing the pictures of you on here :eek: ;) . We are glad that you are happy with your reels. Tom and I had a great time at the DVSA, and look forward to being back next year.

Tony
Penn Fishing Tackle
Tony,
You guys went above and beyond on my reels. Shocked when they came back would be an understatement. They are like new, minus the paint scrapes from the years of use. Thank you again. If you could e-mail me I would appreciate it. I have some questions about up keep and maintenance on the reels through the season.

Sean

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
I couldn't agree more. I love the service they do on my Slammer Liveliner. I forgot to drop it off this year - I guess it will go in after the spring bait run.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tony,
You guys went above and beyond on my reels. Shocked when they came back would be an understatement. They are like new, minus the paint scrapes from the years of use. Thank you again. If you could e-mail me I would appreciate it. I have some questions about up keep and maintenance on the reels through the season.

Sean
email sent

Tony
Penn Fishing Tackle

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Hey Tony at Penn reel Service - What's the current wait time for cleaning & lube service? I never got around to dropping my slammer liveliner off in Philly and I'm wondering if I should just wait till after the spring run.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Turn Around Time

Good morning..........Turn around time is about 7-10 working days,or quicker if you may need the reel for travel or upcoming tournaments.The busy season in the service department is here....but we have a full staff of technicians and a parts department full of parts to service all your Penn equipment. Any questions or concerns you may have,please feel free to contact Tony or myself.

Take care......Tom :cool:

Thomas Blecker/Service Department
Penn Reel Mfg.
(215) 779-4039
[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.