BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i BELIEVE IT WAS LAKES BAY I WAS FISHING ON SATURDAY.I CAME OUT OF RISLEY CHANNEL AND TOOK A HARD LEFT PASS CAPT ANDY'S UNDER THE MARGATE BRIDGE AND TOOK THE FORK IN THE WATER WAY TO THE LEFT.ONCE INSIDE HAD DEEP WATER TO THE RIGHT AND VERY SHALLOW WATER TO THE LEFT-SOME STICKS IN THE SAND.I WAS WONDERING WHAT THE OLD PILE OF WOOD WAS IN THE WATER AND IF AT HIGH TIDE CAN THE ENTIRE LAKES BAY BE FISHED?

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
I know a little about Lakes Bay but I am having a hard time following your directions.

Risley (to me) runs East-West. It sounds like you were fishing Sculls Bay or Methodist Ditch and ran to Lakes.

Yes, all of Lakes can be fished at high tide in a shallow draft vessel.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Next time head for the wood pile....that's THE BARGE. Follow the sticks allllllllll the way back and you'll be in the heart of Lakes Bay....one of the best places on the East Coast for wind surfing.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Candyman said it right...follow the sticks! There didn't used to be that many markers...have been stuck in there several times in years past. A few good early season weakfishing spots around there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Most of Lakes Bay is 4-5 feet at HIGH tide.
The channel, which runs around the perimeter, was dredged two years ago and is pretty well marked with those sticks you saw.
If you plan to venture away from the channel make sure your tilt and trim works, and keep an eye out for the numerous commercial crab pot floats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts