BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a nice setup. have gone to conventioal gear so thats the reason for the sale. Lamiglas XS 10 MHS. 2 pc 3-8oz - 20-40lb line. used for 6 seasons. retail is $225. sell for $150.
Penn 7500 ss. used for 6 seasons. has some nicks and scratches but otherwise is 100% functional. reel was been serviced every season. $80.00
This setup has caught bass to 25lb, blues to 12lb, sharks to 50lb and some of those huge rays. If ya want both i'll sell for $200.00 as package.
Nick

[ 12-13-2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: surfrat ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can lower the rod to $130, the reel i'll wind up stickin' on a boat rod if i dont get $75. both for $175. rod will go on ebay in a few days. thanx for lookin'

Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im bored!! had to do "honey do" stuff :rolleyes: this morning and were going to a B-Day party in an hour or two so not enough time to go fish :mad: !
willing to negotiate. here are some items that are on my list to get..maybe yours are collecting dust.
Shimano Calcutta 400 / 700, prefer the S model
" Torium 16 or the 20
" Tekota 500 or 600
will always consider stradic's, sustains, and stella's(who isnt? :D ).

Newell reels - 229 model

Pro Gear Reels : C500C or the C550C

Lamiglas conventional surf rods rated for atleast 6oz.

Nick

·
Registered
517 Posts
all u need is a piece of line and a paper clip to catch a striper! i feel sorry for all u fools who pay more then 100 for a set up. keep trying you will learn.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Originally posted by indeep:
i feel sorry for all u fools who pay more then 100 for a set up.
I'm sorry but that comment was not needed,I Know it was you opinion and it is noted .. but in defense, I have bought many K-mart specials( cheaper models) in my time (Combos) and to tell you the truth see how long the reels last... They don't last through a season with out something going wrong ( anti reverses , drag spool locking up, oxidizes a week after you use it even after you thoroughly clean it , so in my opinion why keep buying the cheaper less quality reels time after time again each season , than just fork up $80 or so for a quality reel that will stand up to the elememts for a couple of years ....

As for the rods are no bargain either , the eyes break, the exoxy laminate crack, and split and the repair bill is double than what the rod costs new .. there is your answer --- we don't look for who can spend the most on a rod or reel but quality and dependability... thats all.. basically put with out one or the other you cant fish I know if I drive 100 miles to catch a fish and this happens ( and it has on many occasions youd say f--it and buy quality and still have it for years to come ..

Thank god you don't charter I'd bring my own gear .....
I'm not blasting you but just stating my opinion... thats all

BUMP!!!

[ 03-13-2004, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: canyon caster ]

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
That was a very foolish statement.

you get what you pay for, period. Both rod and reel have been used for "6 years" and still are ready to go today. Go spend $300 at k-mart, fish as hard as surfrat has with them and see me in 6 years. Not gonna happen.

Can't tell you how many times I picked a fish up because I was holding my rod and felt the light bite. Try holding a k-mart for 8 hours then try a lami for 8. Ask your shoulder what they like the next day.

I would lower it to $100 to move it though rat, it doesn't owe you anything and would be a great deal for a fellow Barner.
you could always keep it too :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Indeep....aahhh...thanx for lookin'? :rolleyes:
not sure why you would post that remark or your opinion. im 29 and have been fishing the suds for about 12 years now and still consider myself new sometimes b/c i learn something new EVERYTIME im out fishing. I have fished with K-Mart and walmart rods & reels. I've lost some nice fish b/c the drags couldnt withstand the pressure or the rods werent "fast" enough to get my baits over that last bar :mad: . like a lot of fisherman i try to get every advantage i can from the beach. i dont have radar, depth finders, GPS to find fish(not tryin to bash boat guys ;) ). i have used Penn, Diawa, Shimano, G Loomis, Quantum, Shakspeare rods and reels so like you i am entitled to my opinion. and like you i have a wallet and i will spend what i want on my equipment, you'll do likewise. i dont write this with anger just your post caught me offguard :eek: . there arent many people on this board who know me and fewer who have met me but what i do write on here is honest and accurate. feel free to email me privately if you want to continue this. in the future if you could keep your posts more positive im sure plenty of people here would enjoy them. cheers!

Andy, thanx for stickin up for me. its appreciated.

Henry, thanx for the compliments. im more than willing to negotiate the rod/reel price. as ya said i may keep them. i was just offerin a setup to some barners that may need one. this setup wont come out much this season unless i plan on fishing more than 2 rods, i usually fish only one. thanx again.
Nick

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Nick,

I'm there for you bro!! ;) Just another note I have bought a couple things from Surfrat and let me say this nothing has failed yet.... Thanks again buddy ... keep your ears open for that phone call... you know what I mean... ;) very soon we will hook up..

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Originally posted by BEACHBASSARD:
SOUNDS LIKE THE TYP OF GUY TO CHEEP TO ICE DOWN HIS MISTERBROUGH
while the rest is pointless babble, I have to say I lke this quote

Nick, that's a good set up at a reasonable price for someone who wants a spinner.

Guys that thin will throw 4 or 5 oz like a shot...

I have the casting model of that rod and it's a beauty. And Oh BTW if you break it and send it back to lami they wil replace it lifetime... ask me how I know..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts