BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link for anybody that is interested in the show this weekend.

http://www.flyfishingshow.com/Lancaster.html

It will be a great time and it will be nice to see what the Lancaster County Convention center is like. Lots of great tyers like last year at K.O.P. and it seems like there will be a good turnout of vendors as well.

I will be tying both days. Mostly trout flies and steelhead flies, but I will have some saltwater flies with me.

Stop by and bust my chops!!:razz:

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
How will I know who you are??:D

·
Registered
307 Posts
I only live 15 mins away! I'll be there tomorrow, Sunday.
They are already stocking some FFO creeks here in PA. I've already caught a few, including wilds!!
This Global Warming ain't too bad!!

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
It was nice to meet you yesterday. I had a great time talking to you about flounder fishing. I liked your shark and bluefin stories too!!

Definitely have to give the fly rod a try in the bay this season:thumbsup:
Looked for you on Sat......your spot was empty??

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
That was probably when I went out to lunch with my dad from about 1pm to 2pm. I took a little walk around the place at about 5pm as well.

Sorry I missed you.

Bought a new vise and been tying like a madman every night!! Show was really small compared to Somerset.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bought a new vise and been tying like a madman every night!! Show was really small compared to Somerset.
It will always be small compared to Somerset, but that's the nature of the beast. The turnout was really good for the first time at the Lancaster location.

From what Chuck Furimski told us, the show will be held in the same location next year but it will be held in March. There were some other outdoor shows going on so maybe some of those vendors/tyers will show up next year.

Out of curiosity, what vise did you get and what have you been tying?

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
When I was at the show I saw most of the tyers using the Regal Medallion. Talked to the regal guy and got the model with the big game jaws. Love it so far. Been tying mainly bonefish flies and a few toads for tarpon. Really having fun with it. Need to get some yarn for crab flies. Also experimented with epoxy and have had some good results. My new flies are headed to Marathon on Saturday with a buddy for some field testing. :D

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Like to see some pics of your crabs. I'm working on our May selection now.
Where can I get the yarn? I have everything else I need. What do you think of knotted hackles (like hopper legs) for claws??

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
X2 on the pics. Have a great trip to Marathon. I'll be in Marathon on Sat. If you have the time & want to mess around mm23 contact me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.