BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing last night and hooked up on a VERY large eel. I took it to Fin A Tics today and they said it was an american eel. I called fish and wildlife about state record and they said it is 9lb 1 oz. THis eel was 8lb 4 oz. I'll try to attach a pic later today but not sure how to do it. Anyone know the igfa record off hand?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Cool,
I caught one of those Snakes Years Ago under
the CapeMay Toll Br with bait one night...

Scared that heck out of me........

I estimated it at 9 or 10lbs,but I just cut
the hook and rolled it back into the water....

Not sure about any IGFA Record but you might
want to enter it into the Press of Atlantic
City Contest.. I would of won it the year I
caught that ugly thing......

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
wHAT WAS THE BAIT THAT DID THE TRICK ?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Willie,
Mine was a eel,,,, its a dog eat dog world. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
my little cousin caught a sea serpent of an eel this summer when we fishing right next to a jetty in Broadkill Beach DE. the eel was a dead ringer for a small python, it kept constricting my arm the whole time i tried to unhook it LOL :D Man i wish i had that bad boy for the rips now...

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Article in one of the mags this month, talks about how the eel's are being over fished and how they may try , and I hate this term, to regulate them because they have diminished. It did mention that they are striper candy.

Scarface

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
i caught one of those babies near the 50 cent bridge. we just cut the leader and set it free. was an estimated 5 feet long. i later heard they are good eating and can be steaked and that i should have kept it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think we should hook threw the mouth on 50lb. mon leader 15ft long and 16oz out front inside the 3nm and see if 70lb bass will hit?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Best way to skin an eel.Hammer a 16p nail into your fish cleaning station,slice the skin completely around behind the fins and put a slice in it's throat,slide the head over the nail and pull the skin off with a pair of pliers.Also works with blowtoads.Never had them smoked,my gran-mom use to pickle'em.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.