BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to everyone. Wishing all the best in 2012.

Now to the report:

Fished the big J. Started in the dark with blues and an occasional seabass. Fishing died after sun up. Capt. made a wiggle. Started picking at seabass. You had to work for them at some pionts. I managed my limit of seabass and a bunch of blues. Caught a nice Pollock for a cool $250 pool (half went to the mates).

The weather man blew it. It was awesome weather. It rained a bit but no where near the 6-8' they were calling for.
Capt. and crew are top notch. Now we get ready for Cod.
Had a great time offshore. Will post some pics later. Cooking 20$4.99 shoprite lobsters (thanks to the post in dry dock) for new years party;).

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
I was on that same trip, great day out. It was nice no professional drinkers on this trip, they must have saved themselves for the new years eve. Myself an my friend also limited out. Howard always does a good job with the boat positioning. He always has his head out looking and getting reports from the mates as to what's going on. Doesn't take long for him to move a little.

I heard the fish slapping the deck at dark and heard bluefish. I stayed inside to sleep till first light.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You Da Man! Congrats on winning the pool. :thumbsup:
Thanks Rocky....I was due.

nice job joe. let me know about the cod trip.
Will do Matt.

I was on that same trip, great day out. It was nice no professional drinkers on this trip, they must have saved themselves for the new years eve. Myself an my friend also limited out. Howard always does a good job with the boat positioning. He always has his head out looking and getting reports from the mates as to what's going on. Doesn't take long for him to move a little.

I heard the fish slapping the deck at dark and heard bluefish. I stayed inside to sleep till first light.
Good job Salty. Where were you fishing. I was on the stern.

Some pics:
Pool winner

Guy next to me(I think his name was Oscar) with a sweet bug.

and nice seabass....

Enjoy:).

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Igoblues, I was port side ahead of midship at the forward cabin door.

This always tends to be my spot on any trip out with Howard.
Good deal.....under the fishfinder.

I forget to mention there was a bluefin caught on clam up front.

We was some boils off the stern for a few seconds and then they were gone.

Joe-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.