BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this weekend on possibly my last trip in the CM area this year. I'm getting the itch to hunt the rut coming up. Here's the report. Put the boat in at about 5 PM on Fri and was heading to the Sea Wall to put some eels in the bucket for Sat morning with Doc. He happened to be there so I talked him into going with me out back. We headed out and starting catching right away. Ended up with 7 in about an hour and a half on black bombers and purple mags. Lost more that we caught but did get a 25" fish. Took him back at 7:30 and I went back for alittle while more and caught 5 more shorts on plastics. Fished Sat AM out in the rips with Doc and two freinds who don't get to fish like that. We got one 31" fish and lost two on big shads red/white. That's gonna be it for a while for me but will be going to IBSP around Thanksgiving. Go catch em up everybody I gotta do some bowhunting. Bill

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Bill, will miss seeing you in the back. Good luck with the hunting season. Seems like alot of small bass lately. Should be some bigger ones around, but I hate to have to go to bait. I will wait till it gets too cold get them on plugs and flies. See you next spring.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Biggest thanks and I hope you get that elusive cow in the back.

Ray keep posting I'm curious to see if the water cooling down so fast shuts off the fish early. A freind wants me to come down during the week this week but I'm alittle burned out. Been fishing hard since April and the woods are calling me. Take care Bill.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Bill, Monday night we had some where around 25 bass, all on flies with zero wind and mirror like condition. Bass were between 18 and 31 inches and super fun on flyrod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts