BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok took a ride to the mullica on tuesday afternoon to check out some popular areas. the one place i picked had a guy puttin a hurtin on the perch with grass shrimp. he caught like 5-6 in 10 minutes i was there . picked his brain and he said he has been there about 6 times. he says bottom of out and begining of incoming most productive . he hasnt caught much on mid incoming and on. SSSOOOO.LOL i go in the am and its mid incoming and nice .only 1 other person.i had shrimp he had garden worms (dam him) lol. well i didnt get a hit on the shrimp in 4 hours ,wind cranked up and place got packed. only guy catching was the guy with stinkin garden worms .lol. so i was skunked on first trip but will have both baits next time. the worm guy got 6 perch and 2 shorts (which he released). so fish r there just i guess prefer worms over shrimp on certain tides where i fished. heres a hint of place

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
What ramps are decent on the Mullica? 16' cc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chestnut Neck Boat Yard was still $10 last year. It's sheltered at the ramp, and there's a bait shop.

Crowley's Landing is free before Memorial Day, but nothing to tie up to, and bait shop is down the road a mile or two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh yeah, at this time of year, you need to give four hours notice for them to open the bridge at Green Bank. May be the same at Lower Bank. If you want easy access to the lower part of the river, Chestnut Neck is the better choice.

·
Registered
602 Posts
great bay marina, end of radio road, bait, food, ice, tackle
$10\launch

you will have to go into great bay to get up the river though.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Thank you all for the great info. Hope to be on the water soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts