BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning I arrived at the dock with my cup of coffee and there was springtime music. Two laughing gulls were blasting away. Man did that sound good. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Saw one down at the Point yesterday as well. Also have loads of yellow daffodils in the yard, one phoebe, and 100,000,000,000 spring peepers in the pond across the street. Nice to see spring has finally sprung!

·
Banned
2,974 Posts
Originally posted by Fly Ty R:
100,000,000,000 spring peepers in the pond
Yep, peepers are a sign of spring, our pond behind the house is just jumping with noise. I was going to say "I hear ya", but can't over the peepers.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
for the last four years there has been three ducks (two females and a male)that take up residence in a lot next door to us...well last week they returned again...this morning my wife was feeding the ducks and the laughing gulls made an appearance...what a racket...LOL...sounded good though....noticed that the pair of nesting Osprey are back along rt.147.... spring is coming... :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Took a bike road down the Tow Path along the Lehigh Canal yesterday from South Bethlehem to Easton and saw plenty of signs of life. Splashes in the canal, frogs, and robins.

RyanF

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Several Osprey already building nest

·
Registered
296 Posts
Heard two laughing gulls today flying high above the waste water plant next to pier 47. In a week or so they will be in our plant eating corn and cucumber seeds that are floating in our clarifier tanks, they are nasty birds but I look forward to seeing them in the spring after a long winter. First catches of mackeral & return of laughing gulls is a sure sign to me fishing season is real close!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Ospreys showed up on the Maurice platforms on March 20, or at least that's when I first saw them. Right on schedule, as usual.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts