BASS BARN banner

Launching my yak in the LBI area.

664 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Vitalsigns 
#1 ·
Where is a good place to launch the yak to do some trolling, bait, and lure fishing in the LBI area? The in-laws house is in Beach Haven West.

Thoughts?

Also, what is a good set up to us? I don't think my 8' weakie rod would be easy to handle when sitting down.

#2 ·
kmq102 -are you comfortable with surf launches??

The lifeguards dont start till late June in Surf City - Ill be launching there alot in the next two weeks once Im done movin.

Easy place to find and launch is the park in Ship Bottom ramp - as soon as you get over the causeway its on your right.

Bayside - try Cedar Run Dock Road off rt 9.

[ 05-26-2006, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Brian E. Mullaney ]

#4 ·
Brian,

Have you been successful with catching? I was thinking about putting in at High Bar Harbor or the **** and fishing the back of the ****.

I did go out in the surf last year but only for fun. I need to play with that a few more times first. I did dump a few times while playing in the waves.

A funny note: 5 weeks before our wedding my wife was using my yak and got dumped in 16" of water on a 3" wave. The yak hit her head. We spent the rest of the day in SOCH getting her head glued back together. Needless to say I was forced to put the yak away for the year that weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.